[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/, first time thread creator here, the thing is, i need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Fantastic Planet.jpg (48KB, 732x453px) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic Planet.jpg
48KB, 732x453px
Hey /lit/, first time thread creator here, the thing is, i need recomendations for some short novels/stories to adapt into a play for school, i just started browsing here and reading in the beginning of the year and i've read 1984 and The Stranger so far but 1984 seems kinda dificult to make into a play and The Stranger has some topics and emotions that would be difficult to act and make people understand, please help a /lit/noob out
I am Mexican btw (if that helps)
>>
The Story of O
>>
Luna de Pluton by Dross is the number one book in Mexico right now
>>
>>7672565
Do you live in Texas?

John Dryden's Two Act Play 'The Conquest of Granada' would probably make a big splash there.
>>
>>7672573
Something a little bit less erotic?
>>7672579
It's a meme even for the lowest standards here
>>7672653
No, i'm from actual Mexico, thanks for the recomendation but it has to be a novel and we have to adapt it into a play, it's part of the work that i have to do
>>
"Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
>>
Can't think of a novel, but if you can get away with a comic, this one is just begging to be put on stage.
>http://lies.thecomicseries.com/
>>
Seize the Day by Saul Bellow

Also, do you guys count plays as books you've read? As if, if you were asked how many books you've read in a lifetime, would the plays you've read be included in that tally?
>>
>>7672565
The Dead. Or really any of the stories from Dubliners. Counterparts is a good one too.
>>
>>7672565
I'd love to see a stage adaption of 'I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream'
>>
Finnegan's Wake would make a great piece of theater.
>>
>>7672565
What the fuck, I literally watched this movie (Fantastic Planet) a few days ago, having never heard of it before, and now I see this. What a coincidence, have you seen it OP?

As for answering your question: Animal Farm seems like it'd be easier to adapt, it could be pretty fun/entertaining too. Or maybe Metamorphosis? Depends on what you're going for.
>>
>>7672565
I suggest tweaking a chapter from Joyce's Dubliners, however like suggested before do not make it the dead. The one about the politicians or about the race would been pretty appropriate, you could maybe even modernise it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.