[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books with good representations of narcotic use?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 763465243524.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
763465243524.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
Books with good representations of narcotic use?
>>
Go Ask Alice by Beatrice Sparks is the most unbiased and realistic portrayal of narcotic use ever put to paper.
>>
File: 41N+ahKiRdL.jpg (31KB, 326x500px) Image search: [Google]
41N+ahKiRdL.jpg
31KB, 326x500px
>>7671902
choose...
>>
>>7671902
Junky by Burroughs was supposed to be pretty accurate and based on his actual experiences of being a filthy smack addict.

>>7671907
ayy lmao

I actually had to read that shit in high school as part of this one elective class. Shit was ridiculous. We even watched the movie where William Shatner plays her dad.
>>
who /benzos/ here?
Clearly the most /lit/ drug
>>
infinite jest
>>
>>7671920
Nigga its all about the coffee, IV black tar heroin, and dank weed.
>>
What do you mean by representations of narcotic use? I don't think the medium is really able to portray what it's like to be on drugs to any degree*, all you're going to get is things that tell you about the lives of the drug users and that's going to vary wildly from culture to culture. From Welsh's trainspotters to something about normal people who drink a lot of coffee to opiate users in 1800s China, accurate representations are going to vary widely.

*I did get some weird acid-like headspace from Wolfe's prose in The Electric Kool-Aid Acid test but I'm not convinced that would have happened if I wasn't already intimately familiar with being on acid.
>>
>>7671965
>opiate users in 1800s China
?
>>
>>7671983
The East India Trading Company got most of China addicted to opium so they'd be able to sell them it as China wasn't importing stuff from the west like they'd have preferred.
>>
>>7672000
good books or film on this?
>>
>>7671920
Lol benzos are for dumb kids who wanna emulate the alt lit crowd and white trash
>>
>>7671920
Buenos turn you into an emotionless retard.

Dissociatives clearly give you the best perspective for writing
>>
>>7672006
Dragon seed by Pearl S. Buck
>>
>>7672015
Benzos*
>>
A scanner darkly
>>
Fear and Loathing
>>
>>7672022

I preferred buenos, sounds like some cool slang.

"Yesterday I popped a couple of buenos and drove my motorbike down the motorway."
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.