[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/, what is your opinion on genre deconstructions. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: feature_image_1b.jpg (96KB, 480x390px) Image search: [Google]
feature_image_1b.jpg
96KB, 480x390px
Hey /lit/, what is your opinion on genre deconstructions. I'm doing one on Captain Planet and the Planeteers. Do you do any genre deconstructions? I might just buy your book.
>>
I dont really like them but they have their place I guess.

I think its because they depend so much on the reader having a per-established knowledge of whats being deconstructed instead of being a straight story on its own.

Think the difference between EVA and Madoka. One played it straight with deconstructive elements on the side, while another kinda banked everything on its deconstructive aspects and didnt really go anywhere else.
>>
>>7669687
If you're talking about Madoka, I hated the arbitrary mindscrew in Movie 3. It was just forced in a way that wasn't enjoyable.
>>
>>7669682
http://www.chillispot.org/chilliforum/topic178079-gentoo-free-ebook-online-the-magnificent-third-rail-a-retrospective-by-robe.html

It's a deconstruction of the shilling genre in that I have no idea what the fuck that post was about. The book's on amazon though.
>>
>>7669690
Yea I dont even know where its going from there, at this stage I just want them to hurry up and kill Homura so the story can end
>>
>>7669698
I stopped the movie halfway through at one point, not because of the mindscrew, but because it was like... okay what is the point.

I hate that because I love mindscrew and I love genre deconstruction. I hated Eva 3.33. Eva 4 looks promising from the latest trailer.

Right now I'm 1/4 through the draft of Captain Death and the World Triggers, about a dysfunctional five man band and their mcguffin weapon of mass destruction.
>>
>>7669704
I actually kinda liked EVA 3.33 but i get why it was so jarring, on the flipside I think 3+1 will complete the vision it started with, since it felt very "half"
>>
>>7669734
okay well the ending was fun. I liked the simplicity of the original episode that used musical dissonance of classical music during an epic fight. Mind you I saw this WAY before there was wikipedia or any spoilers.
>>
test
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.