[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Sparrow:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: sparrow.jpg (27KB, 200x297px) Image search: [Google]
sparrow.jpg
27KB, 200x297px
Thoughts? Discussion.
>>
>>7669381
>Female author that isnt Plath, Atwood, Dickinson, Bronte, or Austen

I would recommend another book discussion site, like Goodreads or perhaps le Reddit
>>
It's good but the central conflict is shit. Ill.post a more detailed response when not on mobile.

Someone tell me if the sequel is good
>>
Was it rape?
>>
>>7669387
Shit taste.
>>
Oh man, it's been on my to-read list since forever, this reminder bumped it up. The story reminds me a bit of Book of Strange New Things
>>
>>7669381
>dude, space rape lmao, but let me first tell you some barely related shit for hundreds of pages
>>
plot spoilers

You just sent people to make contact with aliens on an alien planet for the first time in history, and the only survivor ends up being prosecuted and assumed guilty even though no one knew what actually happened? instead of, you know, trying to figure out what happened, you decide the best thing to do is to put the guy through like a criminal trial or w\e the fuck they were doing? And the only reason is because he was seen in a sexually compromised position/was obviously deranged when he killed the child? That seems highly unrealistic/asinine to me.
>>
>>7671293
The guy wasn't really forthcoming in explaining himself. I'm sure they may have given him the benefit of the doubt at first, but once he turned into an edgelord and accepted the blame for it, or tried to blame God, there wasn't any reason to trust him.

Luckily they realized he was heavily damaged psychologically, but still it is hard not to accept the testimony given by the guy himself, and just assume the worst.
>>
Personally, this book wasn't the least bit enjoyable to me. I didn't go on to read the sequel, but I've heard it redeems it a bit. There are some good critical reviews on GoodReads that point out some of its weaknesses.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.