[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has/is anyone else reading this pretty little thing? Follow up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: The-Lime-Twig-John-Hawkes.jpg (15KB, 220x337px) Image search: [Google]
The-Lime-Twig-John-Hawkes.jpg
15KB, 220x337px
Has/is anyone else reading this pretty little thing? Follow up question: can anyone explain the importance of rubber in it? It's mentioned all the time, and I really can't make heads or tails of it.
>>
No man haha, you're the only one who has read it. You're quite a smart young lad, big cock too I bet. I wish I were ad smart as you. No one else even compares.
>>
>>7667663
I don't understand. I just wanted to why Hawkes mentions rubber on every other page.
>>
Why to has an rubber smartie?
>>
>>7667823
That's what I want to know.
>>
>>7667569
I read it. I liked some of the descriptions of grimey blitz time and post war England. And the sexy bits near the end. Still not clear why some of the characters were killed. Or who the third slut was. She turned up out of nowhere without much explanation.
No idea about the rubber and its significance.
>>
>>7667830
As retarded as this is going to sound, sex was a big deal for him, and a major theme in everything he wrote, so he could've meant it as a reference to condoms.

I haven't read this particular book yet myself but I've read five of his other ones so far.
>>
>>7667862
If I had to guess, some of the more random occurrences--Hencher's death, Margaret ending up a captive all of a sudden--are supposed to be like the events in a dream or, in this case, a nightmare; they are seemingly without causality, and are very quickly forgotten.
>>7667868
It doesn't sound retarded at all. In fact, since the whole thing seems, in my opinion, sexually charged, that makes sense. Thank you for pointing that out.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.