[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people who read like to brag about much they read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: meme_lmao.jpg (15KB, 260x378px) Image search: [Google]
meme_lmao.jpg
15KB, 260x378px
Why do people who read like to brag about much they read?
>>
People don't do that.
>>
>>7665414

The opposite is what usually happens.
>>
>>7665414
Because reading is becoming a relic of the past and to me that needs to change.

Also I'm an elitist prick about it because it's niche.
>>
>>7665414
If it weren't for my gf low-key bragging about how much she reads I never would have started again
>>
>>7665505
What does she like?
>>
Only autists do this
>>
>>7665414
Comes naturally, as far as I know - you're out drinking a beer with your pals, talking about shitty indie movies and you've been reading like Deleuze or Bey or Spinoza and you just fucking know there'll be a time when everything lines up and you see, clear as a nuked lake, the chance for you to say something relevent... and damn motherfucker you just quoted the ethica more geometrico demonstrata and it's all downhill from there, where did you read that and who's that guy who wrote it and fuck it let's just give them an abridged history of Western Philosophy. Fuck me I hate Shane Carruth.

Jk love the guy his movies are awesome. Well Upstream Color is. Primer maybe.
>>
File: 1454323444339.jpg (8KB, 246x250px) Image search: [Google]
1454323444339.jpg
8KB, 246x250px
I liked a few facebook pages expecting to see good humor relating to my niche interests. But all that I got sharing and liking self masturbatory posts like 'carrying so many books that your arms hurt, #bookworms'.

Also on facebook I see people I know to be slow learners from my school days, sharing pictures about intelligence and about the virtues and problems of being 'nerdy and smart'.
>>
>>7665574
>facebook pages
>expecting to see good humor
kek
>>
>>7665586
Hey man, some pages keep me mildly entertained as I'm talking to people on there.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.