[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm writing a book of fictional short stories under a pseudonym.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: CLAM YOUR TITS.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
CLAM YOUR TITS.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
I'm writing a book of fictional short stories under a pseudonym. I'm considering to have the fictional editor talk about the time he met the fictional author. is this stupid? What are some good cliches to put into the introduction?
>>
>is this stupid?
only if you do it badly.
>What are some good cliches to put into the introduction?
That would be doing it badly. Take a few years out to work on your ideas first.
>>
>>7665186
I've never had to write an introduction introducing an author, surprisingly. I'm writing it as a sort of bonus short story, but I want to figure out the shape of it.
>>
>>7665179
You don't really need an introduction. Especially if no one knows who you/your pseudonym are.
>>
>>7665189
So read a load of introductions and decide for yourself.
>>
>>7665190
that's the joke. The character's name is going to be clearly a pseudonym, so the audience is supposed to be in on the joke. plus, the weird things which happen in the introduction should help
>>
>>7665189
If this is your pseudonym's debut an introduction might not make any sense. Unless you want to make up an imaginary history for your pseudonym as a joke.
>>
>>7665200
Well in that case, make up a really autistic/quirky person and imagine what it'd be like interacting with them as an editor.
>>
>>7665206
This is what i want to do. It's a collection of weird fiction, and I want to imply that the fictional narrator was not being entirely fictional in his storytelling. I'm looking for things which slightly annoy you in introductions.
>>
>>7665179
Write whatever the fuck you want. Why are you asking for approval.? Write whatever you would enjoy reading. Write whatever comes to mind. If your self-confidence is so low you need approval from a bunch of anonymous basement dwellers, you might as well learn to love asking, "you want fries with that?"
>>
>>7665220
I'm asking for suggestions about good ways to write a weird introduction
>>
>>7665179
eh, just read Giles Goat-Boy (or the first few pages of it) to see the same concept done well. Lost in the Funhouse also begins with a cheeky introduction by the author.

By the way, being too self-referential in a metafictional mode can alienate the reader, and/or make the writer look like a self-involved ass, so unless this is to a purpose, it should probably be avoided. (Here too John Barth can be instructive: witness how badly some of his stories in Funhouse land.)
>>
>>7665264
the writer secretly has psychic lamprey's hidden under his clothes and it turns out that his fiction is absolutely true
>>
File: 1453438042491.jpg (2MB, 1508x2027px) Image search: [Google]
1453438042491.jpg
2MB, 1508x2027px
>>7665278
I like this, as long as you don't play it really stupid and treat it as seriously as possible.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.