[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zadie Smith

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

What's her best novel, /lit/ ?
>>
>>7664796
None, they're all fucking trash. Not worth the calories you'd waste turning the page reading that shit.
>>
David Foster Wallace's private letter to Zadie

"To SADIE

Bloomington, IL 2 December 1999
………………………….
My love for you allows me to pray to the spirit of eternal beauty and tenderness mirrored in your eyes or fling you down under me on that softy belly of yours and fuck you up behind, like a hog riding a sow , glorying in the very stink and sweat that rises from your arse, glorying in the open shape of your upturned dress and white girlish drawers and in the confusion of your flushed cheeks and tangled hair. It allows me to burst into tears of pity and love at some slight word, to tremble with love for you at the sounding of some chord or cadence of music or to lie heads and tails with you feeling your fingers fondling and tickling my ballocks or stuck up in me behind and your hot lips sucking off my cock while my head is wedged in between your fat thighs, my hands clutching the round cushions of your bum and my tongue licking ravenously up your rank brown cunt and there is something terribly banal about that. "
>>
White Teeth is a masterpiece. The others are meh.
>>
>>7664871
Why do you consider WT to be a masterpiece
>>
>>7664813
But why, anon?
>>
>>7664900
Because I've read books actually worth fucking reading. Masterpieces that contain more in one page than anything she's ever written. The memes need to stop if they're pushing this kind of shit.

This is pleb tier shit.
>>
>>7664910
Your criticism is still incredibly vague, anon.
>>
File: 1419123237041.jpg (48KB, 605x806px) Image search: [Google]
1419123237041.jpg
48KB, 605x806px
>>7664868
>>
>>7664796
I liked her in "Bareback Riders 3" and "Caramel Baby Factory 2"
>>
File: smile.gif (949KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
smile.gif
949KB, 500x280px
>>7664936
Kek'd
>>
>>7664925
It is. And it certainly is it valid. But it's easy to know what he means. That it's bad by comparison and there's no reason to get into all that.
I'm more interested in knowing why he read all her books if he considered her first so bad, then second, etc.
>>
>>7664868
wrong meme author
>>
>>7664925
Different anon here:
They're basically YA. Poorly conceived characters with a facile multiculturalism, mixed with a bunch of jokes written to make readers feel clever. Her sentences are pretty weak most of the time, and her plots rely heavily on coincidence. She doesn't do anything new or different, she just dumbs it down and makes it easy. She does for London what Toole did for NOLA, but without being funny, and making the characters dull.
Also you can make a list of her stock characters.
1. The white husband who is nothing but a middle-class white stereotype that she picked up by reading an Updike collection or two, but makes even more boring. Motives unclear if any motives at all.
2. The black wife. She was pretty once, but can't be as pretty now because that wouldn't be diverse enough. She married white guy for reasons she isn't too sure of. Comes to dominate the relationship in one way or another. Is faithful to husband, gets more page time. Has banal hobbies, and probably a stay at home mother.
3. The kids. Two of them, one bookish the other faux-hood, both stubborn.
Shenanigans ensue, and what seem like separate plotlines gradually converge in a climactic farcical event she tries to make profound by multi-cultural tie ins, and something something life is interesting isn't it?
>>
>>7664936
link?
>>
Suckers stay talking on them Internet comments
Mad cause I'm most wanted like Osama
Please bitch, you haters don't got no felonies
Young Basedgod flex 10 armed robberies
Young Basedgod been breaking & entering
Young Basedgod ride hot when you bought it
30 on my dick on that court like Spalding
Bitches suck my dick because I look like JK Rowling
Harry Pot my bitch I fuck my ho her brain is awesome
Fuck my damn ring, bitch I pay what it's costing
Jewelry is awesome, Basedgod is gorgeous
Going down to Georgia to fuck my thick bitch
Mane fuck her cuz she gorgeous, young Basedgod stay posted in the fortress
Fuck my main bitch then I dumped her in the forest
You niggas know I got money bitch one hundred thousand Basedgod nigga
>>
>>7664871
I think white teeth is pretty good too anon
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.