[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of Winterson?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: winterson.jpg (26KB, 460x350px) Image search: [Google]
winterson.jpg
26KB, 460x350px
What does /lit/ think of Winterson?
>>
Well, that answers my question then.
>>
>>7662826
I've gotten the impression that she's based, but none of the back blurbs have made me interested in reading any particular book of hers.
>>
>>7662826
Written on the Body is a pretty great book. Its implications are kind of SJWish, but the writing's pretty touching and funny, besides being able to keep up such a hard gimmick for the whole thing (gimmick is that the narrator doesn't have a definite gender, in case you don't know).
>>
the small number who have read her really like her
>>
I enjoyed Oranges are Not the Only Fruit, or whatever it's called. It's been a while, though, and I'm not good at critiquing fiction.
>>
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/oct/18/booker-prize-readability-test-literature

>Nobody blames maths for being difficult – and it isn't difficult

>The best thing for the Booker prize would be to outline its aims . . . Should we include first novels? I think not.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2007/nov/13/healthandwellbeing.health

>In defence of homeopathy

The only two pieces I've read by her, and they contain three outrageous stupidities. I hope her literature is better because I'm reading Oranges for s school, but I'm not counting on it.
>>
>>7662826
I liked Oranges and (less so) Why be Happy, that's all I've read of hers. Someone told me that that sexing the cherry or whatever is kinda shit.
She is a bit SJW, but she's warm as well.
>>
I've read Why Be Normal. My impression is that she seems pretty honest as well as warm, as >>7665950 put it. This made it easy to connect with her, even if there was very little experience or worldview that we share.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.