[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it advised to take your time with this or can i plow through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: savage-detectives.jpg (23KB, 248x400px) Image search: [Google]
savage-detectives.jpg
23KB, 248x400px
is it advised to take your time with this or can i plow through it this weekend no problem
>>
The word is "plough" you fucking faggot.
>>
>>7661391
enuf of your shit, please vacate my thread.
>>
File: HOMERSIMPSON-GIGS-14.jpg (32KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
HOMERSIMPSON-GIGS-14.jpg
32KB, 450x300px
>>7661391
okay buddy
>>
Reminder that Maria=SLUT
>>
>>7661391
Pluff?
>>
>>7661391
Only if you live outside of North America.

http://grammarist.com/spelling/plough-plow/
>>
>>7661391
snow plow right through it you dumb shit
>>
>>7661384
it's not really difficult material. I love it but its not like highly theoretical or purposely complex with its prose. Read it at whatever speed you want but just start reading and figure it out instead of asking people what you should do. Your experience is going to be different from anyone else's and /lit/ isn't exactly a sanctuary of good literary advice.
>>
>>7661473
thanks, that's all i was looking for.
>>
File: roberto_bolano.jpg (217KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
roberto_bolano.jpg
217KB, 750x500px
So sexy.
>>
just started this - is the engl translation bad, or is the prose intentionally bad for this 17 y/o narrator? does it switch narrators?
>>
>>7662160
the prose switches around a fair amount. i haven't read it in spanish (give me a few years) but I do think the english translation still holds a lot of power/the voice is very indicative of the speaker which is a huge strength when you have a couple hundred pages with a different narrator every page, such respect for that.
>>
File: cave.jpg (438KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cave.jpg
438KB, 683x1024px
>>7661384
Take your time. Enjoy it. The eponymous second part is a wild ride and may take some getting used to.

This book is a million times better than On the Road could ever be
>>
>>7662536
>but I do think the english translation still holds a lot of power

Not it don't, lot of the charm is the use of spanish.
>>
Bolano is a hack
>>
>>7662597
I'm not sure if I'm too much of a believer in the translation meme. Of course there's differences, but I'm not sure if a text is ever ruined by a translation. I've read most of Kafka in German and English and the rhythm, spacing, narratology and puns still make sense. Of course his writing is really distinct and possibly easier to translate than Bolano. I only speak German and English now, planning on starting learning Spanish starting later this year, so I'll give this another reread at some point in probably 2 years.
>>
>>7661384
Took me 9 months to read, the longest it's ever taken me to read a book, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.