[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought this on a recommendation from a friend. Am I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Three_Gardens_of_the_Moon.jpg (152KB, 299x506px) Image search: [Google]
Three_Gardens_of_the_Moon.jpg
152KB, 299x506px
Just bought this on a recommendation from a friend. Am I in for something good?
>>
Great series, I highly recommend it. The first book is a bit tough getting into because of almost zero exposition. It all seems to be unrelated threads, but they come together in a big way at a garden party.

Second book is way better, we get to see more of the world and see some truly epi suffering on the chain of dogs, which plays out like the Trail Of Tears from our own US history. Ery touching and passionate the whole thing.
>>
>>7661010

Thank you friend.
>>
>>7660955
Book 1 isn't very good. People try to justify it as being 'in media res' or some shit, but it's just a cover for shitty storytelling. It's also way too fucking long.

Book 2 is pretty good. Unlike the first book, I can actually give a shit about a lot of what's happening, and the second half of the book is really entertaining. Fantastic climax. Unfortunately it's way too fucking long.

Book 3 is the most entertaining of the ones that I've read. Pretty good world building while at the same time giving us action. Climax is really goddamn fun even if it's a bit over the top. Unfortunately it's way too fucking long, and there are endless dream sequences from one character who just whines the whole fucking time. Completely ruins the pacing of the book whenever she shows up. Did I mention it was too fucking long?

Book 4 is an act of literary blue-balls. It's all building up to a great battle, but after a million pages of dumbasses walking around in a fucking desert, it all ends in like 5 pages. Worldbuilding has slowed at this point, and we follow characters that are simply not as interesting as those in other parts of the world. It's also way too fucking long, especially considering how quickly all the plot points are cast aside for later books. Literary blue balls.
Was so angry I've yet to pick up the next book.
>>
It's not the worst military fantasy out there, and it's so long you'll get tired of it when you need to, then move to other things.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.