[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

now that the dust has settled, is it any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 11

File: crippledamerica.jpg (38KB, 327x499px) Image search: [Google]
crippledamerica.jpg
38KB, 327x499px
now that the dust has settled, is it any good?
>>
>>7658631
Yes. It's a good book. It has good ideas that corporations and leftists try to hide so they can control others.
>>
XD
>>
Bumping I'm curious about this as well
>>
>>7658640
/lit/ is officially dead now.
>>
>>7659719
I'm assuming you don't know what a 'sage' is? Why did you bump the thread if you are so disgusted?
>>
>>7659719
>/lit/ is one person

>>7659720
Does /sage/ still work?
>>
>>7659727
Yes, use it in all pol and Trump threads.
>>
>>7659720
>I'm assuming you don't know what a 'sage' is?

I too consider him to be inimitably wise, friendo.
>>
>Anything by Trump

-100/10, try again
Trump appeals to the absolute lowest common denominator. That's why he's successful. Anything written by him will follow the same methods he's used in campaigning.
>>
>>7659792
>a politician appeals to the absolute lowest common denominator.
wow stop the fucking presses
>>
>>7659797
Well, the previously loud, uneducated, racist, bigoted 'GOVERNMENT CAN FUCK ITSELF YALL, THEY ALL JUST LIE, THEY'RE GONNA TAKE MY GUNS LIKE THEY DID DURING THA HOLOCAUST' voter felt they had no outlet in campaigns because civil discussion is inaccessible for them. Now they have Trump.
>>
>>7659792
>>7659830
I'm a continent away and I can smell the prejudice. You're a Bernie guy, I presume?
>>
>>7659903
Why do you ask?
>>
>>7659830
nice of you to join us reddit
>>
>>7659830

>will probably have "half" the population of the U.S. voting for him when he goes up against hilary

>racist, uneducated, bigots

I think to be honest you're the only idiot here, probably in college still, the fact you're picking sides and generalizing this much is depressing. Do yourself a favor and quit while you're ahead.
>>
>>7659917
Should have expected 4chan to ride with the misogynistic /pol/ack of the election
>>
File: nick land.jpg (12KB, 171x266px) Image search: [Google]
nick land.jpg
12KB, 171x266px
>>7659932
I support Hillary
>>
>>7659932

You're not smart enough to be on lit desu, come back when you read some more, your hero bernie is going to lose anyway, and your degree isn't going to be covered.
>>
>>7659932
listen i support bernie
but you're a faggot and you need to leave
>>
File: lkjkjk.gif (497KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
lkjkjk.gif
497KB, 500x240px
>buying into politics
>2016
>>
>>7659928
Maybe I'm generalizing a bit, but there is a sufficient basis for that. Trump routinely uses Islamophobia to gain support in his campaigning, mocks those with disabilities, disregards the importance of respect when involved in large-scale debates that are already volatile to begin with. His proposals and tax reform will overhaul valuable welfare programs, secondary and higher education funding and endowments. Taxes will be lowered on corporations, something we absolutely do not need, considering their profits. I do not see why you all support him or don't have a problem with him.
>>
>>7659912
because you sound like a huge cuck
>>
>>7659941
I read every day. Currently working on my M.A. in Comp Lit.
>>
File: 1437566503276.png (881KB, 850x579px) Image search: [Google]
1437566503276.png
881KB, 850x579px
>>7659948
>Islamophobia
where do they find you people?
go back to /mu/
>>
>>7659948
Also, I don't support Bernie or Hilary. I have problems with them as well.
>>
>>7659948
>>7659948
>islamophobia
>mocks those with disabilities
>bantz is being disrepectful
You can't be serious, do you mainline HuffPo and Tumblr five times a day?
>>
>>7659971
>"bantz"
>GOP debates

https://youtu.be/KIotH8dKMwg?t=18
>>
>>7658631
SOME READERS MAY BE wondering why the picture we used on the cover of this book is so angry and so mean looking. I had some beautiful pictures taken in which I had a big smile on my face. I looked happy, I looked content, I looked like a very nice person, which in theory I am. My family loved those pictures and wanted me to use one of them. The photographer did a great job. But I decided it wasn’t appropriate. In this book we’re talking about Crippled America—that’s a tough title. Unfortunately, there’s very little that’s nice about it. Hence, the picture on the cover.

-Preface, Crippled America
>>
>>7659948
>islamophobia
>implying muslims hordes aren't gonna slay all infidels rape white women and force sharia down our throaths
>>
>>7659985
his prose reminds me of Kurt Vonnegut for some reason
>>
>>7660015
I wanna sex some qt muslims
>>
>>7659984
>implying Trump knows every ailment every journalist suffers from
>>
>>7659830
That's a tad classist. "Not like those barbaric uneducated masses", are we?
>>
>>7660107
In some ways, yes. I was critiquing mostly insensitivity, but you bring up a good point. Illiteracy is still a big problem in the US.

>>7660043
Trump was mocking him regardless. We need to elect people who at least respect others enough to not mock them based on appearance. It's also obvious that Trump knew there was something atypical about the reporter yet didn't care.
>>
>>7659830

Gee, I do wonder who's the bigot here :^)
>>
trum posters get paid 25 cents a post lol
>>
>>7660134
>Trump was mocking him regardless.
That's true. But that doesn't mean he was attacking his appearance. Flailing your arms about awkwardly like that is a pretty common way to mock someone who is feigning ignorance.
>It's also obvious that Trump knew there was something atypical about the reporter yet didn't care.
How do you even know this?

If Trump really didn't care, though, it was a pretty low energy mocking. Should've gone all out and called him a limp wristed faggot.
>>
File: darkenlightenment.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
darkenlightenment.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>>7659937
>le dark enlightenment face
>>
>>7660206
>Dark enlightenment
>Republicans
>Let alone Trump
I don't understand
>>
>>7659948
>Trump routinely uses Islamophobia to gain support
>Hillary literally destroyed two secular arab republics

Liberals think the first one is worse
>>
>>7659948
>Trump routinely uses Islamophobia to gain support in his campaigning, mocks those with disabilities, disregards the importance of respect when involved in large-scale debates that are already volatile to begin with.
To be honest, this has only improved our political discourse. I hope to see more of it in the future. That being said, I don't intend on voting for him.
>>
>>7658631
No, and it was never meant to be.
>>7660213
No they don't. How out of touch are you with liberals?
>>
>>7660174
I understand, the post was insensitive on my part. I've addressed this in my previous posts. It really isn't their fault, more so the fault of institutions allowing them to slip through the cracks. One must also find motivation to learn which public schools and universities are not instilling.
I can have emotional reactions to issues like these and not catch myself until a few minutes later. I apologize.

>>7660196
It was still unnecessary and bringing notions into the situation which will only halt things because people will be upset.

He wasn't attacking ignorance alone, he was trying to say that the reporter obviously seemed disabled in some sort of way, and in him emphasizing the reporter's 'ignorance' through the disability, it's apparent what was happening. Basically making the reporter seem intellectually disabled as well. Maybe I'm misinterpreting.
>>
>>7660217
>No they don't.
I don't want to get involved in your tirade, but you've literally got feminists pressuring other feminists not to report rape if it's committed by immigrants because it'll help fuel racism.

So the concept is there.
>>
>>7660213
I never said any of the other candidates are better.
>>
>>7660226
Anon, loads of liberals hate Clinton with a passion. They absolutely see Hillary's policies as total shitshows. They support Sanders, remember?

And a concept being there doesn't mean it's Liberals.
>>
>>7660217
>No they don't. How out of touch are you with liberals?

Well liberal sites have been praising her for her "foreign policy experience" as secretary of state. You can attack trump for being heartless towards Syrian refugees all you want but there wouldn't be any where it not for the war warmongering of Clinton, Kerry and Obama.
>>
>Hey guys, is this book good?
>The person who wrote it is bad!!!
>Okay, but what about the book?
>sjflgrjtsklbibsgkil
This thread
>>
>>7660236
>Well liberal sites
If you mean "liberal media", congratulations! You have discovered that there is a disconnect between the media and people. Seriously, check out Reddit or Tumblr in all their liberal glory; they fucking hate Clinton.

There's more to war than imperialism. People still fight without foreign intervention.
>>
>>7660233
>And a concept being there doesn't mean it's Liberals.

I don't understand, so if liberals do something it doesn't mean it's liberals?
>>
>>7660244
Correct. "Liberalism" is way too diffuse a term as it stands; some people who call themselves liberal will differ wildly from other people who call themselves liberal. In this case, this is a small minority saying something, which obviously does not mean it is what those *not* saying it support.
>>
>>7660242
Reddit and Tumblr also think conservatives and republicans should be executed m8
>>
>>7660250
That's irrelevant (and also not true).
>>
>>7660242
Given that Clinton is leading in the polls it's surely not controversial to say that she's popular with american liberals, and sanders supported the bombing of Yugoslavia so he's no better.
>>
>>7660253
It's stupid to say that "liberals" find her policies A-okay when loads of them don't, anon. Which is what I'm talking about.
>>
>>7660257
libcucks are brainwashed and mentally ill
>>
>>7660260
The correct term is libtard, fucktard.
>>
File: rossbytony.jpg (40KB, 306x499px) Image search: [Google]
rossbytony.jpg
40KB, 306x499px
a place on my shelf next to this masterpiece
>>
Friendly reminder that it's proven that lubricants are twisted in the head
>>
>>7660261
no its cucks, because they're cucked by blacks, degenerates, jews, and feminism

they're not real men
>>
>>7660271
What about the liberal blacks, degenerates and Jews?
>>
>>7660274
they're destroying white society
>>
>>7660277
But they aren't cucks?
>>
File: 1438891129407.jpg (419KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1438891129407.jpg
419KB, 1200x1000px
>>7660271
>>
>>7660252
>and also not true
They're literally multiple subreddits dedicated to pointing out and laughing at remarks (which receive hundreds upon hundreds of upvotes) like

"The GOP are terrorists. This is a terrorist attack on the United States from a domestic terrorist organization."

"I don't support terrorism, but if a suicide bomber took out these Koch brothers, I wouldn't be mad."

Reddit is a fucking goldmine.
>>
>>7660262
dfw supported him
>>
>>7660279
they're rightful place is being dominated by the superior white race of heterosexual males. they should never cuck others because they're inherently inferior
>>
>>7660285
Good job making it relevant.

>They're literally multiple subreddits dedicated to pointing out and laughing at remarks (which receive hundreds upon hundreds of upvotes)
Good God! Surely they want to *execute* those proud Tories!
>>
>>7660293
So you agree they are not cucks. You must therefore agree that libcuck is a bad name for them, because many of their number are not cucks.
>>
>>7660299
they're cucked by cultural marxism
>>
>>7660299
>>7660300
i'm cucked by doubles
>>
>>7660300
But how can they be cucked by something they created in order to further themselves?

That's like saying an adulterer is a cuck to their dick when they ram it into your wife. Their dick is in fact the thing that allows them to do the cucking.
>>
>>7660294
>Good God! Surely they want to *execute* those proud Tories!
they would if given the chance. The left has become completely authoritarian in nature. the only thing holding them back is the relatively peaceful state we're in.
>>
>>7660315
take the redpill, moron. Women, gays, and blacks are inferior
>>
>>7660319
>they would if given the chance.
No they wouldn't.
>>7660321
They aren't cucks.
>>
>>7660294
Wait, are you the same Anon in the other thread that flipped the fuck out when people laughed at RMT's Union Leader for literally saying "Tories Should Be Taken Out And Shot"?
>>
>>7660248
>liberal
>Meaning anything other than "fags to the left of me who do shit I don't like"
Liberals get out.
>>
>>7660319
you sound like a right fucking pussy lol
>>
>>7660338
>Wait, are you the same Anon in the other thread that flipped the fuck out when people laughed at RMT's Union Leader for literally saying "Tories Should Be Taken Out And Shot"?
No.
>>7660342
>fags to the left of me
>left
>>
>>7660327
>No they wouldn't.
Don't be so naive. These people are just itching for revolutionary violence. They're so quick to call for and justify it when it would further their agenda.
>>
>>7660348
>If you don't think half the population of the US wants to kill the other half, you are naive
You're just -- what's the opposite of naive? Edgy? I'll go with that.

>These people are just itching for revolutionary violence.
I wish, anon, I wish.
>>
>>7660327
You cucked that anon hard af my nigga
>>
>>7660348
>liberals
>itching for revolution by trying to modify speech

kek
>>
Cuck cuck cuck etc.
Now delete this thread
>>
>>7660360
I would argue that a linguistic/social revolution is a violent revolution.
But rationalizing and justifying every act of recent "leftist" violence is more than enough to indicate just that.
>>7660352
>You're just -- what's the opposite of naive? Edgy? I'll go with that.
Use of the term edgy is a good indicator of naivety. What's more amazing is that wanting a stable, peaceful society and wishing to avoid the authoritarianism developing on both sides of the political spectrum is now edgy.
>>
>>7660379
>Use of the term edgy is a good indicator of naivety.
Use of the term naivety is a good indicator of edginess, so that works out.
>What's more amazing is that wanting a stable, peaceful society and wishing to avoid the authoritarianism developing on both sides of the political spectrum is now edgy.
*That's* not edgy. It's just smug and/or stupid (and a bit naive).
>>7660379
>I would argue that a linguistic/social revolution is a violent revolution.
What.
>>
>>7660387
>*That's* not edgy. It's just smug and/or stupid (and a bit naive).
In my case, it's more cynical than anything else. I don't have any solutions, but I can't imagine going in either available directs will make things better. I like so many others have bought into the end-of-the-world hysteria, so perhaps I am quite naive/stupid.
>What.
The types of coercion (please don't think of me as some sort of libertarian for using this term) that have to occur to pull something like that off, especially in the one currently being attempted, could be described as anything but violence.
>>
>>7660409
>In my case, it's more cynical than anything else
No, "I just want to live in a stable and peaceful society" is not cynical.
>I can't imagine going in either available directs will make things better
And this is naive, assuming you mean "anything but comfortable centre is baaaad".

Coercion does not equal violence.
>>
>>7659830
Hello, Jezebel!
>>
>>7660432
>No, "I just want to live in a stable and peaceful society" is not cynical.
My cynicism is that I doubt such a thing can exist. We've dug ourselves too deep.
>And this is naive, assuming you mean "anything but comfortable centre is baaaad".
That's not what I mean at all. My politics are far from centrist, and I don't think centrist politics will lead to a stable and peaceful society. Again, I have no solutions. I only fear the authoritarianism both sides are dabbling in.
>Coercion does not equal violence.
I suppose I just have a road and unscientific definition of violence.
>>
It's a political science book for children.
>>
>>7660473
>That's not what I mean at all. My politics are far from centrist, and I don't think centrist politics will lead to a stable and peaceful society.
Then you are correct that this is not naive.
>I only fear the authoritarianism both sides are dabbling in.
You *sure* you're not libertarian?
>I suppose I just have a road and unscientific definition of violence.
Well, I'm mostly talking about the fact that Reddit liberals don't actually want to execute Republicans.
>>
>>7660478
Marxism is for children
Works promoting capitalism is for mature and well-educated people with intellectuality
>>
>>7660484
>You *sure* you're not libertarian?
Maybe in the sense that I find social freedom a desirable, but I think unfettered markets and increased corporate freedom are detrimental to such a thing.

>Well, I'm mostly talking about the fact that Reddit liberals don't actually want to execute Republicans.
In our current state, I'd agree, but I'm thinking of a period of social collapse.
>>
>>7660521
>but I think unfettered markets and increased corporate freedom are detrimental to such a thing.
Oh, right, libertarian means hard-right libertarian in the US. I actually just meant generally libertarian.
>In our current state, I'd agree, but I'm thinking of a period of social collapse.
In a period of social collapse, more would be on people's minds than "let's kill those darn Republicans!". It'd be more likely "let's kill those fucking fascists, fellow Communists".
>>
>>7660506
>>7660455
>>7660360
>>7660342
>>7660285
>>7660277
>>7659917
>>7658640

all cuck shills, anyone who says otherwise is a jew. fucking cucks
>>
>>7660525
There is no reason to assume that a system social collapse would lead to a resurgence in popularity of 19th century ideas.
>>
>>7660572
>19th century
You mean 20th century.

And it's not "20th century ideas", even then. It's just radical ideas. Other radical ideas would become popular too.
>>
File: 1445151547603.png (542KB, 960x510px) Image search: [Google]
1445151547603.png
542KB, 960x510px
No, it was written for the lowest common denominator as expected. Here's a paraphrase of the entire book so you can save yourself some time and get working on DFW:

>Believe me, I know deals. Believe me, I know golf courses. Believe me, I know that deals are made on golf courses. Obama doesn't know how to make deals, and he sure as hell doesn't know how to play golf. I don't know how we're gonna fix healthcare, but believe me, Obamacare needs to disappear. Believe me.

The rest of the book is just him explaining why he looks angry on the cover (because America is crippled). Hope this helps.
>>
it's made for mass distribution so it's obv not very good. that said, i will be voting for trump if he is the republican nominee or if he ends up running independant
>>
>>7659719
Hi I think you might have made an error. This is /lit/ not r/books. I hope this revelation has been helpful.

Safe travels
>>
>>7660924
>falling for the bait
>>
>>7660776
fucking die tripfag reddit scum
>>
>>7661017
ive never posted on reddit before, and regarding your request i will die eventually like all mortal beings
>>
>>7659937

>nick land.jpg

mah nigga
>>
>>7658631
it obviously isn't, every Donald trump is looks like written by a retard in his defense he probably doesn't write them but still he should pay better people to do it
>>
File: trump.png (81KB, 1221x515px) Image search: [Google]
trump.png
81KB, 1221x515px
I can't believe people are actually saying it isn't shit, it is 100% dumbed down horseshit.
You don't need to be a "bernie cuck" or support "shillary" to notice how bad it is.
If you say it's any good you're either mentally retarded or a /pol/tard that happen to pragmatically be the same thing

Just look at pic related and tell that the language and the prose are not the one of an infant.
>>
>>7661634
>we won't be help much longer even
Wew
>>
>>7659952
>currently wasting time and money on something that will provide no income in the future

FTFY
>>
File: accelerate.png (49KB, 1163x1163px) Image search: [Google]
accelerate.png
49KB, 1163x1163px
>>7659937
das it mane
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.