[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was hoping one of you could help me. I want to read Evola (specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: juliusevola.jpg (377KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
juliusevola.jpg
377KB, 1200x1600px
I was hoping one of you could help me. I want to read Evola (specifically Revolt from the Modern World). Is there anything I absolutely must read to comprehend Evola?

I've been working my way through the Greeks and Romans (Homer, Herodotus, Thucydides, Xenophon, and Caesar), but I really only have a passing understanding of philosophy.
>>
>>7657385
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7657389
Is this off-topic? I didn't know that /lit/ was only for literature that fits your worldview.
>>
you can begin evola anytime
he tells you how his outline is not about following

he even mentions where he got some of his ideas like guenon and spengler, you can read them but it's not necesary
>>
>>7657389
Stop being silly.

>>7657385
You may want to Guenon, Neitszche, De Maistre, Junger, and read up on concepts such as "Kali Yuga".
>>
>>7657389
kill yourself
>>
To get the most out of Evola you should probably understand traditionalism, Western mysticism/esotericism, and their intellectual contexts. That's a lot of potential reading. Guys like Evola and the Guenonians, and the weirder fringes of the elitist right, make a lot more sense when you aren't reading them in a vacuum. They're part of a nebula with lots of strange connections and affinities that only make sense after the fact.
>>
>>7657389
>>
Honestly, don't even touch evola for a year and just read Schopenhauer, nietzche, and the primary sources of all wisdom traditions as well as becoming well-versed in esoteric thought. You just won't get shit from Evola without a proper foundation
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 994x4724px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 994x4724px
>>7657385
you may find this useful
>>
>>7658751
thanks, this helps a lot
>>
It depends on what you want to get out of Evola. But the general rule is you don't start with Evola yoy end up with him…if you want the esoteric/occult stuff you should read the Crowley and Levi first.
If it's the post modern criticism he's doing is what catches your fancy then start with Zarathustra of Nietzsche it's pretty self contain ed book. You can go over some of Shpengler's "the decline of the west" that should be sufficient.
>>
Read into Machiavelli, Realpolitik, and school yard bullies.
Youll have a good grounding for Evola.
>>
>>7658751
>Hitler said people didn't know how to read properly
Source on this? Frankly I cannot understand how Hitler is in any position to make such an assertion.
>>
>>7658806
This would take over a year, I reckon.
>>
>>7659217
i didnt make that post, so i cant vouch for everything he says, and i dont paticularly care to
>>
>>7658973
>start with Zarathustra
that seems like a really bad idea
>>
>>7659307
lol its a terrible idea. imo its not even one of nietzsche's good books. i think nietzsche overrated it.
>>
>>7658993
Literally posted from a starbucks
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.