[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

patrick bateman / donald trump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: AmericanPsychoBook.jpg (24KB, 256x392px) Image search: [Google]
AmericanPsychoBook.jpg
24KB, 256x392px
What relation do you think there is between the two? How come that with the elections coming, no one asks why it seems so plausible that dear Donald is a role model for (supposed) serial killer Patrick Bateman?
>>
>>7656728
because that movie was a while ago

>inb4 i'm talking about the book
noone has read the fucking book
>>
>>7656734
Stop projecting, you fucko. I've read American Psycho eight times, in three different languages - portuguese, 3 times, english, 4 times, and motherfucking french, 1 time. The nuances in Bret E. Ellis prose are superb and his well-thought, meaninfull phrases can destroy any of the silly plot constructions David F. Wallace could ever come up with during his embarassing so-cal lifetime. Call it a self-masturbatory tour-de-force into the wits of a handsome, yet murderous, successful yuppie or, even, a unjustified gory book: I couldn't care less. Call it whatever you feel like, but, in the end of the day, I'd take some rat-in-vagina action over wheelchair'd stoner assassins.
>>
>>7656788
i meant that noone (okay: very few people) have read the novel; and most anyone who knows the story / character knows it from the movie.

i maybe a third of the US public have seen the movie and very view people remember it with much detail. most people prolly think of bateman primarily as a killer, who just so happens to also be a businessman. i don't think most people think far enough to see the character in context and what that may imply.
>>
>>7656728

In the book, it's literally stated multiple times that Bateman adores Trump.

That said, I don't know why people act so hyperbolic in regards to Trump.
>>
>>7656911
>That said, I don't know why people act so hyperbolic in regards to Trump.
there seems to be, intuitively, a clash of interests between a businessman and a politician. a businessman is an agent of his own wealth, a politician is an agent of the public who elected him (in a democracy that is).

the reason people support him regardless is probably the same reason trump is doing it in the first place in spite of his very weak chances of getting elected; a sort of warped, romantic idea of himself as symbol of a warped, romantic idea of what america has been.

the whole political system is limp dicked, trump being elected wouldnt change fuck all.
>>
File: 1452947069834.png (343KB, 530x708px) Image search: [Google]
1452947069834.png
343KB, 530x708px
>>7656960
> a businessman is an agent of his own wealth, a politician is an agent of the public who elected him (in a democracy that is).

nah they are both agents of their own wealth and power

Also I'm pretty sure Hilary Clinton is as close to a Patrick Bateman as we will get. I mean look at her eyes. She's DEAD inside.
>>
>>7656960
but we have to try anon.
>>
>>7658095
she was a fucking babe, though
>>
>>7656960
>trump being elected wouldnt change fuck all
that's not true, it would be fucking hilarious

as opposed to the sad, depressing reality of global capitalism that is manifested in every other candidate
>>
Because Zizek already explained Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQHoGwnXpYM
>>
>>7656728
>for (supposed) serial killer
did you understand the book?
It isn't that hard...
>>
>>7658350
oh my christ

I like zizek's interpretations of movies but Jaws is not a metaphor, it's about a fucking shark that eats people.
>>
>>7656728
In the book?
From what I interpreted Trump represents the perfect man, for Bateman Trump is who he aspires to be as in his eyes Trump is perfect. The reason Trump never appears is because this idea of perfection is unobtainable and it can only be glanced at momentarily and never entirely grasped
>>
>>7656734
Kill yourself
>>
>>7658453
Zizek's interpretations don't usually take the intentions of the creator into account. He uses these films to further his line of discussion. Despite this, you need to ask yourself, why would a guy make a shark film at a certain time and why was it so popular. No shark film has been so popular. You could say it is more well made, but you have to see a film before you can decide whether you like it.
>>
>>7656788
Go to bed Ellis.
>>
>>7658095
>>
>>7658350
I can't help but kek at Zizek's description of the Nazi's contradictory view of the Jew. It is literally a description of him. A filthy, vulgar intellectual who attempts to seduce young girls.
>>
>>7656788

Beautifully stated.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.