[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Decline of the West, What should i expect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 801754.jpg (38KB, 263x400px) Image search: [Google]
801754.jpg
38KB, 263x400px
Just bought a used copy for 4 dollars.... what should i expect and how should i approach this book?
>>
Read it ironically
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 630x420px
>>7655174
Not bad advice... I would say read it with a grain of salt, take notes on the general outline of his history (because it's better viewed in chronological charts than in paragraphs) and analyse it from your own vantage point on history.
>>
>decline
But we are becoming greater with each passing year !
>>
>>7655504
>This is what progressives ACTUALLY believe
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2521x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2521x1936px
Here's a partial note from the Second Volume.

We're getting a little more meat on his political views of the Classical culture.
>>
>>7655533
Inb4 "Spengler actually uses words like patrician?"

It's inevitable, right?
>>
Started reading this recently too, the abridged version though because the full version hasn't been translated to my native language for some reason. I'd say take it with a grain of salt but it does have interesting views on how much our culture shapes the way we see the world around us and I agree with him on that humanity as a whole doesn't have any clear goal or aim. Got to finish the book first before saying anything more than that, though.
>>
>>7655516
Ok mememan, give me the redpill senpai
>>
>>7655533
nice cursive
>>
>>7655616
trust is at an all time low
interest rates are at an all time low (negative in some places) yet growth is sparse
government and media legitimacy is near non existent
people are polarised more than ever
economic crash forecasted for later this year/early 2017

buy an AR15
>>
>>7655653
...tell that to the western roman empire in the year 475. As long the sun is shining, the flowers blooming and oxygen in the air we can continue
>>
why do niggers here make a thread when they buy a book.
>>
>>7655603
>I agree with him on that humanity as a whole doesn't have any clear goal or aim
That's probably because it's an incredibly obvious truism. What's next, 'I agree with him that people don't normally have three heads'?
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 750x738px
>>7656021
Of course it's a completely meaningless statement, but more importantly for Spengler, that is not at all the point of assembling a world history.

He is seeking to assemble a world history not for the point of administering some sort of philistine-communist worldwide tribunate, but for the express task of directing oneself (or one's own group) through a global world. Essentially to be able to see the things which are coming, miles ahead of you.

Spengler is especially interesting today. He was capable of meditating on a vast array of subjects and even of uniting them, yet it always seems like you're listening to a great thinker who has been unmanned by his lack of Biblical knowledge.
>>
>>7655679
More like as long as we have rope and trees we can continue.
>>
I have that book lying at home. Is it any good?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.