[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one with an increasing anxiety caused by the fact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (164KB, 613x842px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 613x842px
Am I the only one with an increasing anxiety caused by the fact that it is possible that you've already read what could be the best books you'll read in your life time?
>>
>>7655113
It is possible that you've read the best books for people of your age, but ten years from now, the chances of you still admiring the same authors are very low.
>>
>>7655122
Last line of this is moronic. Either phrase it better or be less wrong.
>>
>>7655113
I don't feel anxiety at all
>>
>>7655125
It's an ephemeral imageboard, I'm not exactly honing prose for the ages here.
>>
>>7655113
yes, at different ages in your life you will find yourself drawn towards different literature. What is good now you may think rubbish in 20 years, read a book at 20 and 40 and you are reading two different books as you bring a different brain to the table. Philosophy is a good example, at 20 you cannot understand it, it relates to living life as an adult and some retrospect is needed to fully comprehend it. So reading it at 20 gives you ideas but they are based on guesses, reading it at 40 lets you relate it to what has happened to you.
>>
You know you can reread them, right?
>>
>>7655113

No, on the contrary, that would mean those books have already started doing their work on me.
>>
all you do is wait a few years, forget them, and read them basically like new with a few moments of deja vu.

i get anxiety about all the great books i'll never read. i need to stop treating reading like a race to see how many books i can finish as quickly as i can
>>
>>7655113
Until you have read The Tunnel, you have nothing to worry about.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.