[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that Hop on Pop is the best Seuss book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (55KB, 442x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 442x333px
Can we all agree that Hop on Pop is the best Seuss book?
>>
>>7654924
I've never read Seuss. We don't usually read him here in my country. What happens if I read his works at age 25?
>>
>>7654924
dude what? no. go dog go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxny1aa2OTM
>>
>>7654937
Nothing. You'll have no nostalgic connection with his work.

They're excellent children's books for many ages, and you might take some enjoyment from the simple, profound lessons his more mature books teach. Nothing life-changing, just a brief, cozy immersion in the simple comfort his prose creates, and the imagery which accompanies it.
>>
>>7654953
thank you anon. And yes, I've heard great things about him. Sadly, the problem is exactly what you said: no nostalgic connection whatsoever.
>>
>>7654924
I never liked Doctor Seuss since I found his artstyle ugly
>>
>>7654924
Seuss, hate him. mild tricks, essentially for very young children. A cheap poet, clumsy and vulgar.
>>
>>7654991
even when you were a kid?
>>
The Star belly sneeches one is the best.
>>
Fuck off no, it's The Butter Battle Book
>>
>>7655027
Who /buttersidedown/ here?
>>
>>7654991
this. and when i was a kid the art in my other books was so much better. seuss's art and his pessimist message were hideous to me, but what was offensive were the adulations of the adults for his work and how "good" it would be for me. fuck seuss.
>>
>>7654924
I don't like when he uses made-up gibberish bullshit words and passes them off like he's being clever.
>>
Oh, the Places You'll Go!
>>
>>7655357
He was an inventor. You can thank him for the word 'nerd'
>>
>>7654924
I like the abstract touch it has , I cant determine if its surrealist or abstract tho
>>
>>7654996
you don't like him on a boat, you don't like him with a goat?
ooo, tough guy
>>
Are his political comics any good?
>>
>not Go Dog Go
Lel
>>
>>7656214
This. Shit's heavy.
>>
>>7654996
Will you not give it a try?
Like the time you fucked that guy?
>>
It's high tier, but I'd say >>7655014 and One Fish Two Fish just edge it out.

>>7659518
Kek
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.