[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everything Makes Sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: cats_cradle_2226.jpg (124KB, 318x500px) Image search: [Google]
cats_cradle_2226.jpg
124KB, 318x500px
The Bokononist Religion in Cat's Cradle believes in the truthful lie that God made mud stand up and become man.

>What was the purpose of Ice-9?
To get rid of all the mud.

Have I blown your mind?
>>
lol looks like fight club
>>
>>7654471
You'll get over how "mind blowing" Vonnegut's books are when you start reading actual good literature
Slaughterhouse Five is still pretty decent though
>>
File: AM Speech.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
AM Speech.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>7654544
Well, I have read good literature, Catch-22 is my favorite book and I've read and liked most of the recommended list.

But I still love Vonnegut and Terry Pratchett.

I am ready for your hate.
>>
That cover is fucking ridiculous

Vonnegut writes some good shit though, but if you're finding it "mind blowing" you're really reading it wrong
>>
>>7654626
I wasn't saying it was mindblowning. It's like Catch-22. It was a joke that made sense the second time around reading
>>
>>7654544
Just got into reading recently. Glad i'm not alone when i say i dont lke vonnegut. Beither cats cradle nor slaughterhouse were that interesting to me.
>>
>>7654773
You're opinion mate, but is that >>7654558
a reference to I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream?
>>
>>7654471
Ice-9 represents the atom bomb ya dingus.

It's a potentialy world destroying technology produced by a naive scientist who wasn't aware about the implications his new creation that was ordered by the government held for the future of humanity.

Bokonism is a way of saying that religion is not as anti-intellectual as it might seem initially if you realize that most people are actually somewhat aware of how ridiculous it is and mostly follow the trend for cultural and comfort reasons.
>>
>>7654471
Tiger got to hunt,
Bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder, "Why why why?"
Tiger got to sleep,
Bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.