[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If someone were to write a book that encaptures 4chan in its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7

File: HappeningSaveMe.png (190KB, 514x413px) Image search: [Google]
HappeningSaveMe.png
190KB, 514x413px
If someone were to write a book that encaptures 4chan in its essence but does not name it, how would it start?
>>
>>7652655
>be me
>>
"The most horrible experience you will ever face"
>>
>>7652661
that's /thread right there
>>
>>7652665
hello reddi t :)
>>
shit and piss and chinese cartoons
>>
>>7652661
>be me
>shit in hands and clap them together really hard
>fucking normies
>>
>>7652655
just read TLOTIAT you normie scum
>>
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
>>
>>7652655

"You don't know shit about [given subject]!" shrieked anon, shoveling Cheetos into his dreadfully unclean mouth.
>>
>>7652661
the most reddit way of beginning a story
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 385x329px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 385x329px
Years ago, when I wore a younger anons clothes, I spent my days and hours swimming in a sea of virtual dicks. Back in those days you didn't have to stand in line to suck a cock like you do now. As I was saying, those were simpler times when a fedora tipper such as myself could shitpost with impunity whilst sailing the sea of phallus. When that wasn't the case, I'd cash in just enough "good boy points" to bribe my mother into taking me to the mall for gourmet chicken tendies and perhaps a new video game with my waifu in it. Again, simpler times. Don't think I'm a whiner, dear reader. Far from it. When the television goes out and I have to position my asshole over the government mandated cornhole checker attached I take pride in knowing that it was my brainstem deficient shitposting on a Burmese pet trading image board that moved the country in this direction. And that's what this book is about friends. So get comfortable, my story is about to begin. And maybe, just maybe before it's over, you'll learn the true reason OP was such a faggot

CHAPTER ONE:
>>
>>7652655
>A green hunting cap squeezed the top of the fleshy balloon of a head.
>>
>>7652655
It's already been done to death.
>>
>>7652655
>1.1 - Does cum-eating have any long term health benefits?
>>
>>7652655
Niggers
>>
>>7652655

>OP is a faggot

Now that we got that out of the way...
>>
>>7652655
It would be a play by Bertolt Brecht.
>Und der haifisch, der hat zahne
>>
It was Friday evening, warm and dark. A flurry of taps bounced off the walls in sonic fury - walls lit pale blue by a meager fifteen inch screen. Between them a pimpled head shivered, then waved in vague exasperation.

Anonymous had called him a pleb, he called him a faggot.
>>
>>7652820
thius
you made me look for cum in the captachas lol
>>
File: bfb.jpg (19KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
bfb.jpg
19KB, 512x384px
>read some professional academic analysing 4chan/meme culture
>they clearly put a lot of time into it, it was a major research project and probably took like a year
>get excited
>maybe will see someone actually articulate what's cool about 4chan thoughtfully
>"LOLCATS FROM /B/ ARE THE 'MEME'. SOMETIMES WHEN YOU POST YOU WILL GET A 'CHECKUMS' POINT ON YOUR LOLCAT. INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY DENIZENS CONGREGATE ON /CK/ TO SHARE 'MEMES' WITH 'CHRISTOPHER POOLE'. ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US"
>>
>>7654399
Academics will catch up once they get a whiff of Totalitarianism or Hypersphere.
>>
>>7654399
>"LOLCATS FROM /B/ ARE THE 'MEME'. SOMETIMES WHEN YOU POST YOU WILL GET A 'CHECKUMS' POINT ON YOUR LOLCAT. INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY DENIZENS CONGREGATE ON /CK/ TO SHARE 'MEMES' WITH 'CHRISTOPHER POOLE'. ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US"
academia is about output for its own sake
this is why we read litwerature and not academia lit
>>
You are no longer you. You are faceless; you are free.

Speak your mind.
>>
>>7654399
Sounds like it was released years ago. We need to redpilled 'em on our dank new Pepes and Gondolas.
>>
4chan is a pretty large site though
>>
No one cared who I was till I put on the mask
>>
>>7654671
If I took off that mask will it kill you?
>>
>>7654399
lol
>>
MURDER ME
>>
>>7652683
It can ONLY be this
>>
It should be titled Portrait of the Autist
>>
>>7652655
Already done
http://www.amazon.com/Ass-Goblins-Auschwitz-Cameron-Pierce/dp/1933929936
>>
>>7654399
the golden age of memes
>>
Honestly this could function well as a story about a cult that met in abandoned buildings with the one condition that you always remain anonymous. It could show that despite the initial chaos it does eventually order itself as people realize that prestige, looks, etc are worthless now, and the only things that carry weight are those which the majority latch on to and keep bringing to the table (even if this is in the form of jokes etc).
>>
>>7652683
YES, this and this alone, words from the god himself
>>
>>7655140
sounds too ultimately moralistic and normative, the means of expression here reach deeper than that
>>
>>7655156
Build on the idea then?
>>
>>7652655
“I’ve only had the opportunity to hold a hamster once,” said Dakota Fanning on Gmail chat. “Its paws were so tiny. I think I cried a little.”

“I saw a hamster eating its babies,” said Haley Joel Osment. “I wanted to give it a high-fi ve. But it didn’t know what a high-fi ve is.”

“I would eat my babies if I had some. I don’t have any babies.”

“How old are you?” said Haley Joel Osment.

“16. It’s probably good I don’t have babies.”

“You are not 16. You are like 25.”

“No, I am 16,” said Dakota Fanning. “I drew a hamster on a pink piece of paper today then I threw it on top of a recycling bin full of paper so whenever anybody recycles paper the hamster will look at them and be cute for them.”
>>
>>7654399
I've never seen an academic or journalistic piece on 4chan that wasn't total shit
they all seem to assume that 4chan and its denizens are a problem that needs to be fixed
>>
>>7654399
here you go

http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/3665/3055
>>
I'm not a robot
>>
Failed potential.

THE END
>>
A memeing comes across the sky!
>>
>>7652683
>The stories and information posted here are autistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Fixed
>>
>>7655171
>they all seem to assume that 4chan and its denizens are a problem that needs to be fixed

and isn't it true?
>>
>>7655552
why would it be?
>>
>>7655555
Check'em. Autism doesn't need curing, we are all special human beans.
>>
>>7655555
hawt quint-quints
>>
>>7652655
4chan does not have an essence. You create imagined links between people of this site, but there's nothing to bind a faggot on /an/ with a tard on /pol/. There's no shared being between users. This is like website nationalism.
>>
>>7655565
that's bullshit
>>
>>7655565
>people of this site

Nobody is of this site. Your counter-argument is contradictory. If people were of this website it would have an essence.
>>
>>7655565
There's a touch of /b/ in every board, my friend.
>>
File: 1453265322818.jpg (22KB, 252x249px) Image search: [Google]
1453265322818.jpg
22KB, 252x249px
>>7655555
>>
>>7652655
You know what I hate about niggers?
>>
>>7654399

>tfw no gt3.14 Whitney Phillips gf who has a respectable and accurate output regarding digital culture
>>
>>7655755
>Whitney Phillips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAubx3BBgLk

ayy
>>
An except of what I have so far

The clear visage of the opaque horizon grew fear within the vessel of its guest.
>>
>>7652655
It was the best of memes, it was the worst of memes.

I was six.
>>
>>7655755
please have sex
>>
"Abandon all hope ye who enters here"
>>
>>7654708
Big boy for me
>>
>>7652655
how would it start? Like this?tmblr.co/Zhh26i20r2ISM
>>
>>7655162
>>7655156
>>7655140

Arguing that the merit of the idea is why it would rise to the top is contrary to the evidence of 4chan.

What actually happens is that there are popular opinions that are voiced for approval and status and other opinion holders are accused of being faggots, but people still listen to them and hear them out before deciding they'd rather spout the consensus because it's easier and more funny.
>>
>>7655780
My dick
>>
I think that maybe with that hellish image you predisposed people to describe 4chan as some kind of dark horrible dungeon.

To me, 4chan is just a human theater with a layer of anonymity. It's similar to watching how people behave as they drive a car or go in a mosh pit.

If I were to write a book about 4chan, I would start with the idea that anybody can access this website and post their unfiltered opinions about things.

Naturally, since this is a website, there would be some kind of cyber-thread to the story. The hivemind. 4chan is a place where people post their unfiltered opinions, yes, but a filter emerges where people start posting opinions in accordance with the general sensibilities of the community. The hivemind also affects its opposite: the contrarian impulse. If the hivemind expresses an opinion, people show up on the scene to undermine it. These people could be motivated by trolling (getting a rise out of people) or a genuine thirst for individuality (separating themselves from the hivemind, discovering agency through rebelling against what others think they ought to do).

If this were to be a novel that plebs would pick up and read, it would need to have a real-life character. This character could have a double struggle between being powerful on the internet but being worthless outside of it. Realism vs. idealism. They could discover waifuism, but then meet somebody special in person. Also, they could meet other people who browse 4chan is person, which is something that could be written all sorts of ways.

The biggest problem with writing a book about something resembling 4chan is that people would probably be drawn to read it only if they had some familiarity with 4chan or similar communities. So, the challenge would be to make something actually interesting happen with the story.
>>
i am a sick man, i am a spiteful man...
>>
I am.
>>
>>7652655
>4chan is a pretty cool guy, he posts memes and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
Tundra starts with some sperglord dying because of lizardmen
>>
>>7652655
A lonely man wandering through the wilderness of his life finds a community of revelers wearing masks who spend most of their time jerking off, exchanging outrageous stories, expressing publicly unacceptable opinions, or discussing how to improve their lives in the unmasked world. Eventually the lonely man finds himself returning to the community more and more frequently since he has no other satisfying social connections. Many of the other members of the community have similar problems and they bond over this shared dissatisfaction with the outside world. Those who do not share the majority's attitudes and tastes are shouted at or ignored but never removed. Part of the joy of the community for the lonely man is that he can adopt any persona anytime he visits and enjoy either the hatred or praise of his companions at will. He also likes the sense of shared, semi-secret codes and social norms that aren't at first obvious to outsiders.
>>
>>7652655
Welcome to the unsavoury part of humanity, here there are neo-nazis, socially inept people, memes and bigots.
>>
>>7652655
>In the middle of the journey thourgh the web, I came.
>>
>>7652655

The EDGE of Sanity
>>
>>7658101
sounds like somebody has had their feelings hurt by a certain political discussion forum
>>
>>7652661
>wardine be me
>>
i couldn't make it in the real world.
>>
>>7658997
I prefer, "I didn't want to make it in the real world."
>>
>>7652655
Must... get... off... internet...
>>
>>7659008
All my friends are dead.
>>
>>7652655
>I am a wicked man. I am a sick man
>>
the petals fall twice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zez5IAuR60
>>
>>7659053
>Gary, so stinky!
>That's just the poop baby!
>>
Some cross between a Confederacy of Dunces and GR, but with anime.

That's it.
>>
>>7655565
go read >>7655197
>>
>>7652655
select all the pepes
>>
The year was 2016, and 9/11 was but a distant meme in the minds of Americans.
>>
File: 1453900902226.png (433KB, 7823x4248px) Image search: [Google]
1453900902226.png
433KB, 7823x4248px
>>7654399
>>
>>7661022
>/co/ that high up

kill me

checked btw
>>
>>7657186
I'd argue that status has nothing to do with dialogue on 4chan, unless you're a tripfag. Instead, there is an attempt to find intrinsic value in the ideas, and while that sometimes manifests in their merit or correctness, it's often more likely to be whatever's funniest, which has its own value.
>>
>>7661022
well that explains all the polposters
>>
>>7661022
>tfw main board is /ic/
it's a slow feel
>>
>>7658958
hahah i actually laughed pretty hard at this
>>
File: frepe.jpg (51KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
frepe.jpg
51KB, 499x499px
>>7661022
who /lit/ /pol/ /r9k/ master race here?
>>
>>7658958
Well jest'd. I actually laughed.
>>
>>7661476
>jest'd
>>
>>7652655
There is no "oldfag", there are only varying shades of being new.
>>
>>7661463
Does it count if I go to /pol/ and /r9k/ to laugh at how retarded they are?
>>
When a regular man sees darkness for a long time, he makes an assumption: it appears I have gone blind. He's wrong. The fact of the matter is somebody turned off the lights. I'm the guy who searches for that guy, and I don't need my eyes to fuck him up when I find him.
>>
I don't have any kind of substantial answer for you, OP.

But I've been thinking of a story about an angry young man who struggles with his ego and intellect and reacts negatively to everything around him because he spends so much of his time on 4chan. It's kind of an obtuse idea right now but I want to develop it. Ideas? Personal anecdotes?
>>
>>7662027
Something I wrote thinking about what the mind of Schopenhauer

>As I strolled through the park I was briefly fixated upon a rather striking female. Dolled up and polished, she shined like a stretch of silver bouncing directly into my eyes and into my soul. As much as I had enjoyed this moment, my cynicism crept as it did many, and spoiled the maiden before me. I was enveloped by a surge of nothing but what seemed like anger yet calmness. As quick as the moment of awe, was the moment of realization; she was nothing more than that, a doll who had been shined. Why would I, such as myself, waste time on such a childish thing. They are all the same inside and out, a childish thing.

Pretty much /r9k/ is a good source for that stuff
>>
>>7661463
/tv/+/pol/+/lit/+/r9k/

I call it the patrician's combo
>>
File: 1454178368434.gif (45KB, 560x582px) Image search: [Google]
1454178368434.gif
45KB, 560x582px
>>7657261
From the way you make it sound, I would love to read a book about some based anon making it in the outside world. Hell, if it were to get enough support, it could be published and finally get to shed some positive light about this place.
>>
>>7661022
How are my bros at /wsg/ doing? I thought that would be the most selected board by far.
>>
>>7657186
This isn't even close to true, faggot.
>>
>>7662222
>those digits

/lit/ic/ck/fit/r9k
>>
>>7661022
who here /lit/ /k/ /his/ ubermensch?
>>
>>7662557
>/his/

leave this place scum
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.