[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any steampunk books that are actually good? I mean,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: gross.jpg (126KB, 599x899px) Image search: [Google]
gross.jpg
126KB, 599x899px
Are there any steampunk books that are actually good? I mean, we all think blimps are cool but not when you have to slog through a ton of YA and shitty Sci-Fi. Gross-ass picture related.
>>
have you read any of them?
>>
Hah. No.
>>
>>7651523
Many when I was younger. None of them really hold up though.
>>
>>7651557
which ones. why not.
>>
I wish man, there were a few that I enjoyed when I was younger. So at least there are the fond memories to tide me over.
>>
>>7651518
No, it's a genre for children.
>>
File: IMG_20150928_164756.jpg (53KB, 632x335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150928_164756.jpg
53KB, 632x335px
>>
What bothers me with most steampunk literature is the high prevalence of BDSM culture in them. I just makes any kind of sexuality in the books seem shoehorned in.

Like there was one I was reading that was a decent industrial espionage story but 2/3 of the way through the main character is captured by the big bad and she is sexually assaulted by a woman in a red leather corset...for like 5 pages...and it added nothing to the story...
>>
File: 1405810498441.gif (5KB, 204x218px) Image search: [Google]
1405810498441.gif
5KB, 204x218px
>>7651731

>the main character is captured by the big bad and she is sexually assaulted by a woman in a red leather corset...for like 5 pages..
>>
>>7651744
Literally happens to the male MC of the Sword of Truth series

later the dominatrix joins the inexplicable Wheel of Timesque harem
>>
>>7651518
The His Dark Materials trilogy has steampunk aspects and that's good.
>>
Mortal Engines is pretty good. But not steampunk in the shitty tumblr sense
>>
Steampunk is the tumblr of science-fiction. For shame.
>>
>>7651725
who the fuck said that?
>>
The problem with steam punk is that it's an aesthetic without any real philosophical implications to explore. Lots of cyberpunk and science fiction doesn't explore anything but they have the potential to. Steampunk has nothing to explore but shitty adventures. That said, I do recommend The wind-up girl by Paolo Bagpipecinni. It's not exactly steam punk but it is worthwhile.
>>
>>7652325
Someone with good taste
>>
>>7651518
Leviathan is pretty good

>>7651731
well it's because the real people are into bdsm. it's unnerving, they host a parade in my town. it's like low key furries.
>>
>>7652325
someone hydeone
>>
File: izzy.jpg (586KB, 1867x1874px) Image search: [Google]
izzy.jpg
586KB, 1867x1874px
>>7652325
Salmon Kingsbread Hyde, pic related
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.