[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this. I thought it was a fairly cozy read but it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: janeeyre.jpg (153KB, 500x757px) Image search: [Google]
janeeyre.jpg
153KB, 500x757px
Just finished this. I thought it was a fairly cozy read but it wasn't anything great. I know its pretty elementary but what did /lit/ think?
>>
it was OK
>>
fascinating analysis. cozy. thanks for that. made me think.
>>
>>7651500
Fascinating reply.
>>
>>7651467
Maybe I've just had bad luck, or was too new to literature to know what was going on, but I just couldn't really figure out what the point was in Jane Eyre, or Pride & Prejudice for that matter.

Did you read any intro/analysis about Jane Eyre? It's apparently about tearing down the stereotype of the typical Byronic character, empowering the female protagonist to not just be his "prize," burning down the house that is the "prince's castle" and symbolizes his elevated status so that they can love as equals.

I just didn't get it. All of that shit seems contrived to the point of being laughably exemplary of every derisive criticism anyone has ever made of their high school english teacher's attempt to overanalyze literature, with symbols and allegories that, to me, seem cryptic and inaccessible.

What do you think?
>>
>>7651531
you don't need to read the burning of the house as a literal symbol but it was literally the impetus of her leaving and freeing herself from his oppressive hold. i don't think they ever can love as equals. it ends in a power reversal, he's crippled and disfigured and completely dependent on her.
>>
Is it worth reading Austen/the Brontes if I have a penis? My mum always gave me the impression that they were very good authors, but only if you're of the female variety.
>>
>>7651631
castrate yourself and find out
>>
>>7651635
But that would be an irreversible process, so a great risk.
>>
>>7651636
don't worry, you can go MtFtM with current surgical advances. also it'd be best if someone like you didn't procreate
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.