[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the ending of 1916 edition of The Mysterious Stranger Twain's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1453240252620.jpg (88KB, 627x576px) Image search: [Google]
1453240252620.jpg
88KB, 627x576px
Was the ending of 1916 edition of The Mysterious Stranger Twain's own work or that of the posthumous editing?

I don't understand, why build such a long narrative and then blow it away like that? If humanity is flawed to the point where it is so absurd it might just be a dream, a fantasy, why care about it at all and construct the narrative? I don't understand.
>>
Has someone read the original fragments? How different they are if they are different at all?
>>
The ending is the same in the first and in the definite edition.
>>
>>7650264
What do you think about it?

So definite edition is pretty much the same?
>>
>>7650285
Same as in the general outline of it.
>>
In the definite edition satan and the narrators are like printing apprentices.
Satan also gives "Nr 44, New Series 834.244" or something wacky like that as his name
>>
>>7650296
See the wikipedia article, there are even more versions.

Guess the ending is rather nihilistic, seems to me that this was Twains general direction in spiritual concerns?
Boltzman brain?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.