[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boris Vian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Boris_Vian_-_WIKI.jpg (524KB, 769x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Boris_Vian_-_WIKI.jpg
524KB, 769x1104px
Any fans of this madman out here? I just finished reading Heartsnatcher and loved the shit out of it. Any of his other works worth checking out? Any authors similar to him?
>>
>>7649515
Only book of him i have read is Autumn in Peking which i though was great.
>>
>>7649515
Haven't read Heartsnatcher but Froth on the Daydream and Red Grass are great

I thought of a couple authors as similar in some respects but can't remember who they were
>>
File: moyhs-Segal_380.jpg (43KB, 380x560px) Image search: [Google]
moyhs-Segal_380.jpg
43KB, 380x560px
>>7649515
jason?
>>
>>7649515

Haven't read anything by him, but I recently became aware of him via noise/sometimes music group "Nurse with Wound".

For their first few albums circa 1980, Nurse with Wound were inspired by various surrealists and other earlier noise-makers, and they (mostly Steven Stapleton) dedicated their first few albums to their inspirations. NWW's fourth album "Insect and Individual Silenced", a particularly harsh listen, was dedicated to Vian in the liner notes.

In fact, I've been looking for other work which inspired/was variously "dedicated to", by early NWW. Their first album's title "Chance Meeting on a Dissecting Table of a Sewing Machine and an Umbrella" was apparently a passage taken from the Comte de Lautremont's (pen name of one Ducasse) work whose name I forget Songs of Maldoror or similar, which was supposed to have been massively influential to the literary Surrealists, Dali, and so on.

A later track's prose narration is purportedly taken from the Nobel-Prize winning Harold Pinter's "The Examination". A British nobel-prize winning author and I haven't been able to locate a single book in a shop. I'm going to go out now and try another.
>>
>>7650123
interesting, i'm not familiar with this author at all but because of this post i will now seek some of his work out.
>>
>>7650123
how much do you get paid?
>>
>>7650168
Not that guy, but Nurse With Wound is internationally known and doesn't need shilling on 4chan, believe me. The group was founded in 1978 and plays a niche form of music anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 321x457px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 321x457px
>>7650052
Froth on the Daydream is beautiful. It's the only book of his I've ever been able to find, down under.

Can you remember any of the titles, or the general jists?
>>
>>7650089
came here to post this

>tfw The End of the Tour 2: Lost in Paris
>>
File: Segel.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Segel.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
Damn, I see someone beat me to this up top.
>>
Vian is a cool cat, he introduced a lot of american jazz musicians to France, played trumpet himself and wrote funny songs.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjndTXyk3mw
>>
>>7650089
>>7650369
>>7650523
T H E Y W A L K
A M O N G
U S T H E Y W A L K
A M O N G
U S
>>
>>7649515
I Spit on Your Graves is good.

(No connection with I Spit on Your Grave beyond it blatantly ripping off the Vian title)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.