[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I a pleb for thinking this is shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: fahrenheit-451-book-cover1.jpg (323KB, 1236x2045px) Image search: [Google]
fahrenheit-451-book-cover1.jpg
323KB, 1236x2045px
Am I a pleb for thinking this is shit?
>>
it's ok

don't know why it's "shit" it's at worst mediocre
>>
Why is it shit exactly ?
Is it because /lit/ told you ?
Then yes
>>
no. it really is shit
>>
>>7649150
I genuinely regret bothering to read this. The narrative is narcissistic, arrogant and repugnantly self indulgent. Bradbury's prose reads like he had his head stuck too far up his own ass to see what he was typing. The hypocrisy of lauding his medium in such a self-congratulatory and exaggerative manner and maligning and abusing that medium at the same time is ludicrous to the point where it borders on satire.
>>
>>7649457
*tips fedora*
>>
>>7649457
now tell us how you really feel anon
>>
>>7649150
He couldn't quite conceive of the future to come.
They don't need to burn books anymore.
We have enough bread and circus to drown our society and keep most from ever touching anything of worth.
It also serves to create a schism between the thinking and values of those who do sift to find ideas of worth and 'the rest'.
Those who only manage part way into philosophical betterment will feel repulsed by their less educated brethren and isolate themselves or delve deeper to the point where it is all consuming and again self isolate.
Few will truly understand both themselves and the uneducated masses and have the sympathy to attempt to better them despite themselves, among them, almost all will fail unless their goals are narrow in scope and target.
>>
Meh
>>
>>7649150
Lmao here, here's your two hours this book takes to read back. I'm not an apologist for f451 but the robodog thing was ok. Also you ppl should really update the starter kit if youre going to keep calling this crap.

Sincerely, your mom
>>
>>7649457
Except that one of the characters laments on how the TV programs that people spend all day watching have potential be challenging and stimulating, but aren't
>>
>>7649488
>worth
Quit with the spooks, people aren't worth less because they'd rather indulge in good food and entertainment than dive into philosophy.
>>
>>7649546
I didn't say the people were not of worth.
I did imply what they spend their time indulging in is of inferior worth.
That's a judgment of the indulgence and not of the indulger.
Plenty of decent[depending on your standard] human beings these days do most of their reading on FB/Instagram/Twitter.
Some of my friends and family are like that and I feel bad that I can't/don't do more to help them.
>>
>>7649572
Applying worth to the action is still spooky as heck, if your friends and family don't find "worthy" activities satisfying, what's the point in doing them? To satisfy your narcissism?
>>
>>7649538
Can you express the same thing, just with less words? Or maybe just as many words, but with words that are not so...wordy. Is there a meme that can help express your opinion?
>>
>>7649457
>had his head stuck too far up his own ass to see what he was typing
So ironic that it's not even funny.
>>
>>7649627
The medium doesn't matter, the idea does, Fahrenheit 451 is a world in which ideas are suppressed because people are offended too easily.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.