[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your personal perspective on authors? Could you read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

What is your personal perspective on authors? Could you read a book written by an anonymous man? How much does the author influence your reading process?
>>
Pretty much every book I have read was determined by who the author is.
>>
>>7648669
See anon, exactly my point. Why can't the creation let free itself of it's creator and become it's own entity? Why do we oppress the book?
>>
>>7648679
I don't particularly feel the need.
>>
File: 1443346004507.png (180KB, 889x536px) Image search: [Google]
1443346004507.png
180KB, 889x536px
>>7648657
women cannot have unusual/extraordinary experiences (since they are easily happy from all the men satisfying them)

women cannot write (since they have no skills because they have a easy life)

at best, women write in dilettante and their stories remain childish, for they have a childish life.
>>
There are certain books I only read because of it's author's real life. Those books are usually about real life experiences the author knew and I don't. Junkie by Burroughs for example. That shit ain't no narrative or themathic worthy, but I read it cuz I wanted to know about being a junkie during the 50s. I wouldn't give a fuck about that novel if it wasn't written by a real junkie.
>>
>>7648679
It's a way of informing yourself about the contents before you read it. I like how Foucault defines the "author-function" in his article What Is An Author?
>>
>>7648696
So your experience of the text would retroactively change if you now learnt that Burroughs' biography was not what you thought it was? Or that the work had been misattributed to Burroughs and was actually written by someone else?
>>
>>7648698
Pre information gives us knowledge, a sense of context, but I would argue that this also puts certain limitations on the book. Historical contexts are added while the book could easily be seen as something that could pertain to everyone no matter in what time period they are...no?
>>
I don't read anything written by women or minorities apart from a few, select Latin Americans.
>>
>>7648707
Yes, because I found no aesthetic/thematic/literary pleasure in Junkie. I read it like a report. If a report happens to be written by someone who didn't presence that shit, it has no value.
So called subjective/new journalism is fine tho, maybe because it's less trustful than actual journalism. Thinkin bout In Cold Blood by Capote now, but that shit ain't really such an innovation. Dosto himself got inspiratuon from news to write some of his shit.
>>
File: 1445721152811.jpg (87KB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
1445721152811.jpg
87KB, 500x483px
>>7648694
>that woman was given a phd for fucking lady gaga gender studies
>>
>>7648717
What the fuck are you talking about ?
No on wants to read shit books, most people don't have time to randomly read books until they get to a good one
>>
>>7648657
Never affected me at all. I don't care if Homer was a cross-dressing dweeb who fucked goats and stuck his dick in fires to masturbate, doesn't stop what he actually wrote being great literature..
>>
>>7648773
and that is supposedly good?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.