[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished White Teeth. Such a good book. Why have I neglected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (20KB, 715x429px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20KB, 715x429px
Just finished White Teeth.
Such a good book. Why have I neglected Zadie for so long? Anyone else a fan of her writing?
>>
It's a shit-tier DFW knock-off. It's 500 pages of trying to prove that you're clever. It's a needy, "clever" novel intended to make you feel both stupid and clever simultaneously despite being neither. Don't bother replying to this post. Sage. Hidden.
>>
shes cute
>>
>>7648469
This guy replies to every book the same way. Nice pasta though.
>>
>>7648495
But that's true about White Teeth. It's try-hard at being clever, and it isn't. It's a failed cultural novel.
>>
>>7648469
You didn't sage though.
>>
I didn't like NW but I'm reading "On beauty" and it's good, genuinely fun at times and entertaining almost all the time. Her writing is not outstanding but sometimes she surprise me with very good insights of her characters.

So read On beauty if you are already a fan.
>>
>>7648559
Wait until you get to Howard at the glee club banquet scene. Fucking hilarious. I still laugh thinking about that.
>>
>>7648520
What makes it try hard at being clever? I didn't feel that way at all.
>>
>>7648463
She just barely skirts that female tendency to write boring family sagas by writing a cool family saga. That's not a strike against her at all, but I was always ready for shit to get boring when I read White Teeth, and it never did.

10/10 novel.

>>7648469
No
>>
>>7649080
Haha. Strange appraisal. I can't tell how serious you're being
>>
White Teeth really is a good book. Strange that her debut novel is her masterpiece.

It's one of those books where I felt myself becoming a little better of a person while I was reading it
>>
>>7649126
I mean, I didn't rate it 10/10 just for not boring me. It's legitimately good. It was just my experience while reading it that I expected it to slow down and become a soap opera but it kept rolling.
>>
>>7649171
Disgusting.
>>
isn't zadie smith mom-core? why are you plebs talking about her?
>>
>>7649738
Because Madame Zumbaba the Dreamweaver was in that one photo with DFW.
>>
She's audience pussy and nothing more
>>
did the dave do her?
>>
Why is she making that face
>>
>>7649823
They spend a lot of time together so it's somewhat likely
>>
File: sadie-smith.jpg (15KB, 408x359px) Image search: [Google]
sadie-smith.jpg
15KB, 408x359px
>>7649845
She is always on the verge of crying. Probably over the death of her beloved David
>>
WE
WUZ
QUEENZ
>>
>>7650151
>spend
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.