[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What books does your girlfriend read? Is she more patrician

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: carsonm.png (131KB, 336x402px) Image search: [Google]
carsonm.png
131KB, 336x402px
What books does your girlfriend read?

Is she more patrician or less patrician than you?
>>
I don't have one, but if I did, she would be less patrician than me. I've never met a woman with better taste in literature than me.
>>
>>7648391
This tbhdesuwa
>>
Yes she reads and she's more patrician but I'm catching up.
>>
>>7648384
less, but she has different taste
she likes things about women, obviously
>>
>>7648384
She's russian and read all the russian classics, more than I have. She also loves french poetry. Can't really complain although she watches way too many of these"cute animals doing silly things" videos in her free time which can be irritating when I'm trying to read.
>>
File: bestbook.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
bestbook.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>tfw qt3.14 bookish depressive patrician PhD-in-American-lit-educated gf

You losers will never know this feel.
>>
>>7648384
None of them reads, but one writes poetry on trees.
>>
File: look-mom-copy[2].jpg (156KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
look-mom-copy[2].jpg
156KB, 500x362px
>>7648384
>>
>>7648404
>watches way too many of these"cute animals doing silly things" videos in her free time

The fact she likes watching cute animal videos suggests she is caring and maternal. It's a good thing.

Chances are she's already thinking about having children with you. She probably has a shortlist of potential names already. I would propose ASAP before she becomes impregnated by a rival male.
>>
>>7648405
thank god, dealing with depressed people/women is terrible.
>>
>>7648410
This. Watch out for other males bringing her berries or picking fleas off her. That shit can look innocent, but it's a classic warning sign.
>>
>>7648410
We are getting married this year so that's taken care of.
>>
File: lismart.jpg (31KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
lismart.jpg
31KB, 720x450px
>>7648420
>dealing with depressed women is terrible.

But they're so kawaii
>>
>>7648427
they're really not, you just romanticise the idea of an introverted sad girl in touch with her feelings that you can hold and tell that it's going to be okay.
The thing is, it will never be okay, she will always (not permanently, but reoccuring) be miserable and drag you and others down with her.
>>
>>7648421
As a degree-educated biologist and a profoundly observant amateur anthropologist I can assure you that, despite your attempts to undermine the concept that human beings function (especially in the sexual sphere) in a brute and animalistic way, studies and statistics prove that relations between the sexes continues to exist in a more-or-less primitive manner. This is why I have chosen to remain celibate and dedicate my life to the Lord and to the pursuit of scientific truths. To engage in so-called "Romantic" affairs only undermines your inherent dignity as a human being capable of rational thought. Engaging in sexual intercourse is the intellectual equivalent of throwing feces at the walls.
>>
>>7648435
>implying I can be dragged down any further

Your move, normalfag
>>
>>7648444
well good luck to your and your girlfriend. I'm just speaking from my experience, this is not saying that it can't be different.
>>
>>7648384
Currently Tolkien's Roverandom to prove a point that she can speed read and take everything in as its a short story.

Turns out she can read three times faster than I can whilst remembering the basics whilst doing so, and doesnt read as a hobby. What a waste.
>>
>>7648456
>tfw speed-reader gf

Isn't it great?

What's her OS?

My gf reads 24.7 words a second
>>
>>7648399
ABORT
>this leads to muh feminism
jesus h christ
why the fuck does being intellectual for a woman need to revolve around a genital fixation
>>
>>7648498
>wanting to read books about people in a familiar situation
>bad

Get lost kiddo
>>
>>7648435
but a woman, no matter how miserable or ugly, can always get attention by just showing her tits/offering sex. and can always find women to be friends with without them worrying about just trying to put it in. so if a woman seems miserable, she is a complete basket case. a miserable depressive man however is just sissified. being a man is like being the ugliest girl in the room.
>>
>>7648460
>speed reads
what? harry potter?
you can only speed read simple books anon. hop on pop and see spot run tier shit with little meaning.
>>
>>>/soc/
>>
>>7648513
Actually she speed reads a range of books. When I had her tested she read a chapter of Bleak House as part of her assessment. Just last week she read Cat on a Hot Tin Roof in under an hour (I timed her). I wish there was a way to monetize her abilities but as far as I know there is not.
>>
The Lunar Chronicles. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. How to Be a Woman. The Maze Runner series.

Some of her last. Yeah.
>>
>>7648567
Yeah.
>>
>>7648440
>a profoundly observant amateur anthropologist
>>
File: 1359573739749.jpg (45KB, 251x234px) Image search: [Google]
1359573739749.jpg
45KB, 251x234px
>tfw your gf is a total pleb but sex is good and you are nothing but an animal after all
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 466x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 466x640px
Picked up my current gf basically using a DFW quote (kinda funny). I got her into reading literary fiction and she's starting off with easier stuff now.

She just finished Lolita and is working on pic related now. What should she read next?
>>
>>7648648
Zizek
>>
>>7648703
/lit/ plz
>>
>>7648405
>american
>literature

wew lad
>>
>>7648521
both of those are kiddie books/pulp drivel

you're not really proving your point
>>
>>7648384
Can we talk about boyfriends too?

He's not patrician. Reading The Martian right now, recently starting going through the Star Wars EU stuff he hadn't already read. Reads a lot of other fanfiction too, if that counts.

I never get him to read anything I like, so I stopped trying to suggest him things years ago.
>>
>>7648851
Being gay is very /lit/, but your bf sounds like a nerd.
>>
>>7649084
I'm not gay, but he's certainly a dork. I like it. We've both got our obsessions; mine are just more socially acceptable.
>>
I studied engineering and my gf studies literature. I can't really complain, she reads stuff like harry potter and GoT, but she also likes García Márquez, Cortázar and Carlos Fuentes.

Also, the prose she uses writing is pretty.
>>
>>7648405

it honestly wont be long before you get sick of this stupid meme romanization and realize that mental illness isn't enjoyable to deal with in any circumstances
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.