[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lit, when you are writing, what are some things that are a recurrent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: iwritethatiamwriting.jpg (41KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
iwritethatiamwriting.jpg
41KB, 768x432px
Lit, when you are writing, what are some things that are a recurrent themes/arcs/tropes in your work?

For me, one major one I've realized is "The results of failing to protect someone important to you.
>>
>>7647762
Losers who drink, jerk off a lot, and fuck hookers.
>>
There's too much irony in everything I write. I try to make everything funny from some perspective. I am a faggot.
>>
Everyone is fucked but they keep going anyway, something like a bittersweet celebration of life.
>>
>>7647762
Redemption, drug addiction, God, and the beach oddly enough.
>>
>>7647922
Buffalo gals can't cha come out tanight.
>>
Most people aren't really in control of their own lives. Driving/roads. People with strange motives or worldviews. Blue-collar culture or lack thereof. Most beliefs can be made to appear true from some perspective.
>>
A major recurring theme in my work is bad writing
>>
>>7647762

I guess one of the major recurring themes in my works is, "can you still find happiness and meaning in life, even after you've fucked up real hard and keep fucking up more, no matter what you do", and the various excuses the characters use to drag themselves forward.
>>
>>7647762
sadness, travelling, men and women being alone then growing close with vigor
>>
>>7647762
Nothing as it seems.
>>
The melancholy tragedy of the failure of twentieth century political ideologies from the perspective of communists and fascists both, and the triumph of the soulless apocalypse of liberalism that resulted, in all of its beautiful hedonistic - and ultimately destructive - glory.
>>
>>7647902
20's Paris pls go
>>
>>7647762
An unintentional and distressing lack of interest in things like sex and drugs and reading, even though my characters aren't against any of those explicitly
>>
>>7648019
Only answer I respect.
>>
File: writing-life-typewriter-toilet.jpg (117KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
writing-life-typewriter-toilet.jpg
117KB, 500x500px
Shitting.
>>
lethargy
paralysis
anxiety
petty crime
being somewhere you're not supposed to be
weed
masturbation
STD's
the beach
university

...jesus christ i'm a ""young author""
>>
Guilt. Perception of reality. Mental illness.
I fear my mad characters who have trouble keeping dreams and reality apart are too gimicky. Got the guilt part down breddy gud though.
>>
waiting
writing as a means to craft a world in which I feel at ease
aging dreams/love
my qt3.14 cousin
>>
>>7647762
loss of control
>>
Some recurring themes in my work:

>the loneliness of genius / heightened intellect
>the struggle of communicating with lesser minds
>the burden of physical and moral beauty
>>
Crippling layers of self-analysis where the self-analysis becomes what is analysed and then the inevitable chastisement for analysing said own analysis. This leads to an attempt to not analyse at all, which then leads to further analysis as to why self-analysis isn't desirable. There are many meta elements where my book considers the nature of presenting said thoughts to the world. It is implicit, but I attempt to treat it with large splashes of tongue-in-cheek humour. If I thought that my writing would ever have a social function, which is itself dealt with in the book, then I hope it is to further the state of confusion and anxiety in modern society. Pathetic attempts at subversion are also dealt with. The mental states of my characters are a mess, but I try to temper this convolution by paying much attention to my prose style, which isn't great, but whatever. I'm reading a lot of Henry James and James Joyce alongside meme-post modernists.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.