[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Book titles for a death-of-hippie-culture-dirty-70s-j unkie-journalist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: ClassicRockOrgy6.jpg (62KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
ClassicRockOrgy6.jpg
62KB, 600x337px
Book titles for a death-of-hippie-culture-dirty-70s-junkie-journalist debut novel?

unnamed procrastinator protagonist is a journalist who ends up wrapped up in all sorts of shit thanks to junkie ex he can't get over and the editor of his paper getting shot. Takes place in disgusting dirty-beach california in the mid-70s, with the hippie dream suitably dead. Just has no book title. I'm 90% done the book and really just want a title to hook people and give them some idea of the basic themes. Not looking for somethign revolutionary or that has that much to do with the book itself. Right now the books working title is "Hedonism: A love story" but that's way too edgelord, right?
>>
>>7647542
bump
>>
>>7647542
Love in the Kool Aid
>>
Feeling Fine

have a character say it ironically
>>
>>7647542
Levity's Teardrop
>>
File: penthousetb.jpg (45KB, 300x378px) Image search: [Google]
penthousetb.jpg
45KB, 300x378px
>>7647556
I like this to an extent. The protagonist tries his hardest to stay upbeat, and has all sorts of delusions of grandeur, coupled with the usual existential dread.

I'd like something that stands out a bit more though
>>
>>7647562
>>
File: 360_ron_jeremy_0825.jpg (22KB, 360x235px) Image search: [Google]
360_ron_jeremy_0825.jpg
22KB, 360x235px
>>7647567
>>
File: aux-anges_1.jpg (152KB, 600x212px) Image search: [Google]
aux-anges_1.jpg
152KB, 600x212px
>>7647569
>>
File: Jeff_Divine_12.png (519KB, 590x399px) Image search: [Google]
Jeff_Divine_12.png
519KB, 590x399px
>>7647575
>7575

nice
>>
>>7647542
Sounds kind of like Inherent Vice.
>>
>>7647681
It's a lot different, desu. way more gritty gang involvement, and the protagonist is around 20, not really established in anything and still trying to figure his life out. Also, writing-wise it's quite different. The protagonist ends up being hired by an energy company after learning about the energy reorganization act of 1974, which is a major plot-point. I just didn't want to include that stuff because the title should be succinct and only capture the basic elements of the story.
>>
>>7647542
Scrubbing Dirt
>>
>>7647562

Feeling Super

Superjive
>>
The flowers grew thorns
>>
Exterior Probiotics in F Sharp
>>
>>7647711
feeling super. Hah.

>>7647561
Levity's teardrop sounds really neat, man. I'd love more like these.

>>7647712
meh, sounds too 80s

>>7647721
now that's some fucking patrician shit, son
>>
Washing Off
>>
>>7647729
more like whacking off amirite senpai
>>
ooh, i know, Rinsed.
>>
>>7647741
kek
>>
Humping in the Air
>>
Un-Publishable
>>
Native Mire
>>
>>7647866
No Discernible Talent

Actually, that's a pretty awesome title as far as memes go.
>>
OP, what about "Vineland by Thomas Pynchon", because that's basically the novel you wrote.
>>
>>7647915
I'm not Opie but Vineland is nothing like what he described. Also it starts out in the 80s though they end up watching footage or talking about shit from the 60s and 70s for a lot of it. Vineland's more about the influence of TV than anything else.
>>
Suspended Annihilation
>>
>>7647556
This title is great. I'm stealing it.
>>
File: 1402980135290.jpg (51KB, 670x472px) Image search: [Google]
1402980135290.jpg
51KB, 670x472px
>>7647936
>Vineland's more about the influence of TV than anything else.
why would you post something like this? it is DECIDEDLY not. television is given a minor mention.

the book is about the dissolution of a family and the death of idealism when reality kicks in, about betraying one's own values.
>>
I Wish They All Could Be
>>
>>7647915
OP here, I've read it. Mine isn't anything like vineland. Vineland seems to be more about a breakdown of classical Americana culture, death of the American dream type thing. My novel is less existential and philosophical, it's essentially a hippy realizing that hippie culture has been taken over by hedonists, and him struggling with the nuclear future that was promised in the 50s being very much different from the nuclear future they were given. Nonetheless, he decides that nuclear energy is at least cleaner than burning coal, so he decides to help the troubled eccentric CEO of a nuclear energy company.

Nothing like vineland tbqh famalia
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.