[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing aphorisms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: nietzsche3.jpg (115KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche3.jpg
115KB, 600x848px
How would you see someone who writes aphorisms instead of novels, or poetry? There is less probability to being published?
>>
>>7644651

The moustache man wrote 7 hours a day everyday for decades and destroyed about 80% of his work while he worked because he thought it was shit.
He financed his publications with his own money, was never taken seriously in his lifetime and ended up crazy.

This form of expression is not a thing you do because you want, its a thing you do because commiting your thoughts to paper keeps insanity away for one extra day.
>>
In the age of twitter, the aphorism is the most natural medium to write in.

But yeah you're never getting published.
>>
>>7644675
:(
>>
>>7644675
why?
>>
Aphorisms are only great when there's a clearly defined personality or body of work behind it.

I love reading aphorisms. I like Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, and Lichtenberg.
>>
>>7644826
Basically this.

Nobody wants to read the aphorisms of a NEET.

on second thought, an unemployed spin on aphorisms might land you a book in the humor section...
>>
>>7644833
I'm not a neet, but...
>>
>>7644844
That was not the point. The point is that you're no Nietzsche. No Schopenhauer. No Lichtenberg. You're hardly better than any writer you've ever heard of if you never got published before.

Basically, you're none important and you don't have any experience at all. There's no reason why someone would read your aphorisms. You first have to establish yourself before people care about what you have to say.
>>
>>7644833
>>7644844
Those who work, don’t play.
Those who play, don’t work.
>>
>>7644876
So I would have to write a novel before, for example?
>>
File: disquiet.jpg (36KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
disquiet.jpg
36KB, 267x400px
>>7644833
>>
Nietzsche's best books weren't the aphorism books. You know he did write books that were not just aphorisms?

>>7644664
He did achieve fame in his lifetime, but primarily only after he lost his mind.

Sometimes I wonder whether he didn't actually lose his mind at, but that he just became the Ubermensch.
>>
One of my favorite aphorists is Jean Baudrillard, especially in his later, non-academic work. To pigeonhole him as a Continental or a "postmodern philosopher" is to do him a disservice. He had a keenly dry sense of humor.
>sadder than destitution, sadder even than the beggar is the man who eats alone in public. Nothing more contradicts the laws of man or beast, for even animals do each other the honor of sharing or disputing each other's food.
>>
>>7644826
no french aphorism? Read more Nietzsche
>>
>>7644880
bollocks
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.