[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Hi, first time here, i told myself i should...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: on the road.jpg (90 KB, 423x650) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
on the road.jpg
90 KB, 423x650
Hi, first time here, i told myself i should read more.

I am currently reading this because this girl i have a crush on considers it as her fav book.
It's truely fantastic, but i'm reading it in english and it's not my native language... Should i go on? I'm almost tired of reading it and i just finished the first part (fuck the scroll edition).

(Also, it's a bit strange for a non american to read it, i need a fucking map every time he crosses a state)
>>
>>7644137
she's a psych patient or into drugs or both
depending on how old you are ie a uni student then sure this is appropriate. then drop tabs together and fuck her in a park.
>>
>>7644149
>she's a psych patient or into drugs or both

Well, she's 21, used to take drugs, and is some kind of bohemian / hipster, so i guess you're half right.

and yep, i'm a uni student
>>
well, first thing, if you want to learn to read you have to leave social life and stop giving to bodily pleasures. you have to become an abbott, an ascetic monk, a beaver. if if you live for the flesh you will never have a mind. intentions are flawed, you are in it for the wrong reasons. you can be an animal body or a human, but not both.
>>
might as well read part 2 as well if you're that far
part 3 and 4 are p. boring by the time you get to them.

if she asks what you thought of part 3 and 4 just part 3 is like part 2 minus dean for a while and part 4 is like part 2 in mexico but sal is kinda bored and then gets dysentary and dean ditches him
>>
File: 1405793132057.jpg (131 KB, 587x476) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405793132057.jpg
131 KB, 587x476
>>7644165

well
>>
oh, also, jack kerouac, what are we 16
>>
>>7644165
>not both
>what is synthesis
you're quoting the jew book there anon. when i became a man i put away childish things.
>>
>>7644137
https://vine.co/v/O3xiuT7D1Jn
>>
>>7644178
fool
>>
>>7644172
...part 1 is the best ... the whole part teaching dean to write, the excitement of sal's first trip by himself, the shack-house, the french navy guy, the night watch job, the mexican chick in california, the vineyards -- love it
>>
>>7644183
>the night watch job

this part was GOAT
>>
>>7644178
i'm quoting the book of life you heathen
>>
>>7644185
>yeah man I've got you a job on a boat
>gets there
>no man, I don't have you a job on a boat

the most relatable part of the book. has anyone's friend who totally had a job for them actually had one?
>>
>>7644157
shes only interested in it because it's a meme book for lel i think differently also drug culture.
just talk to her about ginsberg and castanada. any deconstructionism will be way over her head.
>>
>>7644137
University is a good time to read it. It may be the best time to read it.
>>
File: yea.gif (3 MB, 300x237) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
yea.gif
3 MB, 300x237
>>7644183
>When he describes how broken but how happy he is, picking cotton in the fields
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Thread DB ID: 479929

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.