[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the american tolkien?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: ss+(2016-01-30+at+06.35.29).jpg (149KB, 1032x697px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-30+at+06.35.29).jpg
149KB, 1032x697px
Thoughts on the american tolkien?
>>
>>7642837
complete shit, both of them, fuck off
>>
Posting epic video in an epic thread
https://youtu.be/QmKhGqWcJGY
>>
>>7642837
He found a line and pulled on it, fighting toward the hatch to get himself below out of the storm, but a gust of wind knocked his feet from under him and a second slammed him into the rail and there he clung. Rain lashed at his face, blinding him. His mouth was full of blood again. The ship groaned and growled beneath him like a constipated fat man straining to shit.
>>
He savagely fucked her pussy, as he felt the end coming his whole body shuddered and strained like a dragon asshole shitting a sea of diarrhea.
>>
>>7642869
nice
>>
File: 5XeMH34.jpg (43KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
5XeMH34.jpg
43KB, 660x440px
all great artists had scat fetish....
>>
I've enjoyed the books, and I'm hoping he doesn't give himself a heart attack before he finishes the series.
>>
File: shit.png (18KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
18KB, 246x200px
>>7642893
>tfw have a mild scat fetish

I... I don't actually like the poop itself, I just find the thought of a woman pooping somewhat erotic. I can't explain why.
>>
>>7642837
But that's not Christopher Paolini.
>>
>>7642932
You're disgusting and should kill yourself.

This is the right thread for you:
>>7635269
>>
>>7642869
Why does he bother to include stuff like this? Can he only relate to fart jokes and toilet humour?
>>
>>7642869
>constipated fat man trying to shite
He writes from experience.
>>
>>7642837
He's good but too slow.
>>
Hope he dies before he finishes the series so I can drink fedora tears
>>
>>7642837
>Thoughts on the american tolkien?
This sentence is too blasphemous
>>
>>7642837
Everything about him disgusts me.
>>
idk but judging from the bits and pieces of his writing i've seen on here i bet he has a dope love dungeon
>>
Seems like an okay guy. Like the idea of ASOIAF. Like a fair amount of things that came as a result of his books. Think the actual books themselves are terrible.
>>
>>7642837
have you even read any of his work? he's as eloquent as that 50 shades of grey book. and then my penis went into her vagina. like a car into a garage. reversing and then honking my horn as the front bumper fell off.
>>
>>7644593
>>7644593
Are you trying to equate them to 50 Shades of Grey to automatically dismiss them? Sure, there are lots of food descripton and sex scenes, but they are hardly what the books are about.
>>
>Her cunt became the world.
Debateably the absolute worst quote I've seen in any piece of literature.
>>
>>7643197
Lines like this are buried among literally millions of other words. 4chan likes to cherry pick the worst of his writing and ignore the massive amounts of quality he's produced.
>>
Don't insult Tolkien like that OP
>>
>>7642855
More of this
>>
Don't insult Martin like that.
>>
>>7644750
Go ahead and cherry pick something with quality then
>>
>Ser Alliser Thorne walked from the room so stiffly it looked as though he had a dagger up his butt.
>>
>The three men were erect. The sight of their arousal was arousing.
>>
The first three books in GoT are great, the last two were mediocre
>>
Hope the faggot dies. Maybe then the series will be finished
>>
>>7646813
>>>/r/books/
>>
How did his work become popular so suddenly?
>>
>>7647371
>>>/tv/
>>
>>7646813
I found the 5th book good for the most part.
The 4th is just boring.
>>
>>7644745
no. there are some artists I hate. i want to punch that cunt Marina Abramovic in the face. her work makes me feel physically enraged. so at least she made me feel.

he makes me feel...like i am marking a 12yo girls diary. honestly I have read better diary entries by pubescent girls talking about wanting to fuck their teachers and brothers friends.
>>
>>7642839
he never said they weren't shit
in fact their shittiness is part of what makes them similar
>>
Can't even get through the 1st book. Got bored after chapter 3.
>>
>>7648556
tolkein is shittier for just appealing to deus ex machina every second line. its like the story isnt even important, just the world building. its like he missed that lit class where the world supports the story, it isnt in and of itself worthwhile.
>>
I really like Martin actually, but...

>The more she drank the more she shat, the more she shat the thirstier she got.
>>
>>7648575
Tolkien is addressing larger themes than world building.
He uses a myth to tell a story as old as time.
He hyperbole's scenes to enhance the enliven the theme:
Duality; contrast, fate, and recurrence.
I don't see how you got "the story isn't important, just the world building." from Tolkien.
Yes, he uses the real-estate of his book to describe a world more-so than is necessary.
But this adds an epic element to the grandiose, universal themes he deploys.
But I suppose you've never though of the dualistic nature of our physical plane, or the singularity of our universal plane.
Or the spiral patterns that are evoked micro--and macro--scopically.
>>
>>7648575
>deus ex machina
Give a few examples at least (apart from the eagles)
>>
Where Tolkien created a mythology for England that wasn't influenced by Norman and French shit, Martin created a shitology that was tainted by shit and horrible writing. When Tolkien created a language out of a love for linguistics, Martin created a turd out of a love for shit.

Tolkien wrote literature, and Martin writes shiterature.
>>
>>7642837
Possible the only example where an Americans outdid the Brit. At very least his works are entertaining.

>>7649870
Saruman acts quite stupid (fucking with the ents) for somebody who is supposed to be.
>>
>>7649423
>But I suppose you've never though of the dualistic nature of our physical plane, or the singularity of our universal plane.
>Or the spiral patterns that are evoked micro--and macro--scopically.

Pure ideology
>>
His books are like crack
>>
>>7644625
Regardless of whether it's sex related, his prose and comparisons are absolute shite. It only tries to be low level shite so that isn't too bad but it is still complete shite.
>>7644745
This exemplifies his books. Awkward shitty metaphors.
>>
>>7651689
You're right. They'll make you retarded.
>>
>>7646813
Theon's chapters in ADWD are the best.
>>
File: steven_erikson1.jpg (287KB, 1852x1385px) Image search: [Google]
steven_erikson1.jpg
287KB, 1852x1385px
>bitches don't know my Steven Erikson
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.