[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever paid respects to your favorite authors by visiting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Crime and Punishment.jpg (60KB, 543x960px) Image search: [Google]
Crime and Punishment.jpg
60KB, 543x960px
Have you ever paid respects to your favorite authors by visiting their graves, houses, etc.?

When I was in Russia this past summer I visited Yasnaya Polyana (Tolstoy's estate and final resting place), Dostoevsky's apartment and grave, Gogol's grave, Chekhov's grave, Pushkin's favorite cafe, Nabokov's home in Peterburg, and probably a few others that I can't recall at the moment.

>pic related

The guide said that the small window in the top middle was the supposed home of pawn broker.
>>
I've visited Sade's castle and village once. Beautiful place.
>>
Went to the Spanish Steps in Rome,
Keats died somewhere around there.
>>
File: 1310654394[1].jpg (92KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1310654394[1].jpg
92KB, 500x375px
I visited Áron Tamási's grave and childhood home in Transylvania. It was really nice. The author's niece and her husband own the place and they turned it into a memorial house with lots, lots of manuscripts, diaries, letters, photos and interviews. Some first edition stuff, too.
It was also the first place I visited that had no Romanian text at all and had everything in Hungarian.
>>
I want to visit Robinson Jeffers home in California and Marguerite Yourcenar's home on Mount Desert Island off of Maine. But I am poor and travel seems unlikely unless I go full hobo.
>>
>>7640580
This, and

- Petofi literary museum in Budapest
- Du Fu's cottage in Chengdu

That's pretty much it surprisingly enough.
>>
File: Dostoevsky.jpg (433KB, 1080x1909px) Image search: [Google]
Dostoevsky.jpg
433KB, 1080x1909px
>>
I live in Georgia and was thinking about driving to the Florida Keys to see the Hemingway House. I would also love to visit Dublin on Bloomsday and see all the Joyce stuff, and Beckett's childhood home too
>>
File: Tolstoy's grave.jpg (147KB, 960x543px) Image search: [Google]
Tolstoy's grave.jpg
147KB, 960x543px
>>
I've always wanted to visit the grave of Robert Frost. Sadly I live in the UK.
>>
>>7640625
Isn't that place like a cat sanctuary now?
>>
>>7640628
six toed special snowflake cats like hemingway preferred
>>
I spat on Stirner's grave
because I own it?
>>
>>7640682
I bet your couch looks like shit.
>>
took a selfie on ibsen's grave once
>>
I wish I could.
>>
>>7640580
I went to Keats' home in Hampstead Heath.
>>
>>7640557
I've seen Jane Austen and Jonathan Swift's graves, but I don't particularly like either of them
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.