[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just ordered this off Amazon for ~6.50. The Last Podcast on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: DaM.jpg (46KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
DaM.jpg
46KB, 333x499px
Just ordered this off Amazon for ~6.50. The Last Podcast on the Left recommended it and I've been pretty intrigued by John Wayne Gacy. Does /lit/ have any recommendations for true crime books?
>>
Oh my goooooooooooood
>>
>>7640554
In Cold Blood
>>
>>7640573
What?
>>
File: sufjan stevens.jpg (34KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
sufjan stevens.jpg
34KB, 500x267px
>>7640654
Illinoise - Track 4 - Sufjan Stevens
>>
>>7640586
thanks
>>
If you're into Serial Killers, the only Serial Killer True Crime book I could ever seeing myself recommending to anyone is The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule. It's the strongest book on Ted Bundy I've ever read. It's the personal account of Ann Rule, who knew Bundy personally since college and worked with him at a suicide hotline. They maintained correspondence right up until Bundy's execution. After her relationship with Bundy she became a true crime writer, but this is the only book of hers most people have ever heard of. Still, it's really the apex of serial killer lit.

Though as >>7640586 mentions, In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, one of the key figures of the New Journalism movement (along with Hunter S. Thompson), is really the key book of this genre.
>>
>>7640827
Thanks. That sounds awesome. I'm not just into serial killers. I look into sex crimes as well. I think Homolka was the first one I looked into.
>>
>>7640554
>The last podcast on the left
>Plus a strange fascination with serial killers
I agree with the anon who said "oh my goooooooooooood"
>>
>>7640865
...that's fair
>>
>>7640865
>implying that true crime is at ALL an uncommon hobby
My aunt was into true crime until she got a job at DCS
>>
>>7640573
Ooo-ooo-oo

Are you one of them?
>>
>>7640914
>Implying elevation of serial killers and cults of death is the same as a common and non irregular pastime of following the True Crime genre.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.