[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1) Top or bottom (do you keep your books with or without the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: withandwithout.jpg (321KB, 1020x866px) Image search: [Google]
withandwithout.jpg
321KB, 1020x866px
1) Top or bottom (do you keep your books with or without the dust jackets)?
2) Have you ever hesitated or refrained from buying a book with an ugly cover?
3) What's the most aesthetic/fitting book cover you own, and what's the worst/most ill-matched?
>>
>>7639597
reddit af
>>
File: Frankie-Roberto.jpg (267KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Frankie-Roberto.jpg
267KB, 2048x1536px
>>7639602
It's from pic related's blog.
>>
>>7639597
I've always found dustjackets to be fiddly and annoying, but I don't throw them out. For antique books the dustjacket contains 90% of the value.
>>
>Top or bottom (do you keep your books with or without the dust jackets)?
I take off the dust jackets, because they're usually a little too big for the book and move around a lot. The only dust jacket I've kept on is Everyman's Ulysses one, because it fits so well.

>Have you ever hesitated or refrained from buying a book with an ugly cover?
Yes, the only book I own that has an ugly cover is my copy of Penguin Classics Lolita.

>What's the most aesthetic/fitting book cover you own, and what's the worst/most ill-matched?
The most aesthetic book I own is probably Everyman's Library Ulysses or Penguin Clothbound Moby-Dick.
The worst one is Penguin Classics Lolita. Such an ugly fucking cover.
>>
>>7639597
this is an idiot's book collection. there's no prehistory actually there's a complete rejection of it which is typical of our times
>>
File: 1453791736238.jpg (680KB, 2048x1925px) Image search: [Google]
1453791736238.jpg
680KB, 2048x1925px
>>7640571
>>7639602
>plebs. Leave
Everything doesn't have to be Finnegan's Wake.
>>
>>7639821
>Penguin Classics Lolita

The one with the lips? I like it.
>>
>>7640581
The one with the lips isn't penguin classic, it's vintage international. Source is I own the lips/50th anniversary edition.
>>
File: war of the worlds.jpg (36KB, 380x574px) Image search: [Google]
war of the worlds.jpg
36KB, 380x574px
>>7639597
1) I keep the dust jackets on when they're just sitting on the shelf, but I take them off when I read them.

2) Nah. I get most of my books second hand, so when I finally find a book I've been looking for I can't be picky about the cover.

3) Best: Pic - I love the font so much. Worst: The fucking red and grey Vintage cover for Catch-22 makes me want to vom
>>
>>7640577
>Finnegan's
>>
>>7640577
>finengan's

o i am laffin'

back tor reddit friendo
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.