[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Žižek ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1431550063694.jpg (29KB, 743x224px) Image search: [Google]
1431550063694.jpg
29KB, 743x224px
I'm a bit confused : is Žižek a meme or is he actually worth reading ? Where should I start ?
>>
Hegel
>>
>>7637333
Greeks
>>
>>7637333
Hegel > Marx > Freud > Lacan > Zhee-zhek
>>
He's only worth watching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxGLL0yuBYs
>>
>>7637333
He is not worth reading. He is funny, but lacks any real substance. He boils down to "Well not wanting to submit to an ideology is an ideology so you may as well eat McDoubles all day". He is a accelerationist but with less motivation.
>>
>>7637333
He's great but good luck reading him without some knowledge of Hegel and Lacan. If you are serious about getting into that kind of philosophy just read some basic Hegel, Marx, and Lacan and then pick up some Zizek. Some biblical knowledge helps too. It will be a lot of reading but definitely not a waste of time, that's a whole range of insights.

The meme is that Zizek is a hack, by the way. Mostly spread by people who can't stand that he's an entertaining guy with a following, or vehement anti-marxists in general.
>>
>>7637333
Hitman (2007)
>>
>>7637488

why would you come on the internet and represent yourself as having read someone you haven't read?
>>
>>7637508
I read The Fragile Absolute, and even liked it for a bit. I also liked Lacan at one point until I realized that desire is not based on lack and then his whole philosophy fell apart--that is, what philosophy there was, for the most part it was padding. Freud is still useful without him or Zizek. Butler managed to extract something useful from Lacan, but only through admirable will. Lacanian thinking is by-and-large useless.
>>
>>7637522
I'm also more in favor of Spinozist thinking than Hegelian thinking,so that all rubbed me the wrong way.
>>
>>7637508
That's /lit/ for ya
>>
>>7637467
Someone took the time to make this?
>>
>>7637488
You are too unread to properly read Zizek, sorry..

>>7637522
>>7637527
You are missing the main point. Read more, post less.

>>7637333
He is. But only if you are intelligent enough. Chances are, if you are on /lit/, you are not.
>>
>>7637574
You sure are making some interesting counterarguments there bub.
>>
>>7637582
He doesn't have to. Its 4chan. If you want a debate go to Reddit, newfag.
>>
>>7637508
>>7637542
the socrates codes has been cracked
>tell everyone to read the greeks, no one will do it and they'll all leave us alone
>>
I like his contemporary influeneces more than him, Chantel Mouff'se work is much more informative than his
>>
>>7637333
What the fuck is that image?
>>
>>7637522
Bit of a weird request here, but could you give a very simple summation of Lacanian thinking? I don't study philosophy, but I'm incredibly insane and last night I hallucinated myself saying "Lacan, Lacan, Lacan" over and over again while I was lying in bed. I feel like I should look into it or something.
>>
>>7637574
you are very smart
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.