[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Publishing staff primarily straight white women

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 14

File: survey_feature.png (235KB, 728x489px) Image search: [Google]
survey_feature.png
235KB, 728x489px
>The overall industry numbers point to staff makeup that is 79% white, 78% cis woman, 88% straight, and 92% not differently abled.

>One bright spot in the survey results is the publishing industry’s gender composition, which leans heavily away from men/cis men and toward women/cis women

>The conclusion to the survey nods to similar problems in other media, and certainly the film industry’s reluctance to commit to producing or honoring black and non-white artists and staff comes immediately to mind.

http://flavorwire.com/558171/book-publishing-is-as-almost-white-as-the-oscars

>straight white anons think they'll get published
>>
>>7633934
>le "every post is about race, sexuality, or gender" meme

back to
>>>/pol/
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>7633934
There was just a thread on this two days ago:

http://www.salon.com/2016/01/26/white_women_of_publishing_new_survey_shows_a_lack_of_diversity_behind_the_scenes_in_book_world/

Marlon James claimed that writing in this time was basically pandering to white women, and on his facebook he claimed that even after his man booker he got news through the grapevine that he was almost blacklisted from publishing news outlets until some black female executives got sassy.

>Black gay author
>fighting female oriented industry because of said females skin color
>because he wants a larger share of the publishing pie towards male oriented fiction

The left has basically shattered at this point
>>
>>7633946
Are you going to pretend it doesn't matter?
>>
I'm going to fire up my r/AsianMasculinity rusing account on plebbit and post this, kek. They somehow have even a bigger problem with white women than this sub.
>>
>>7633934
to be fair most of the major awards boards and the new man booker international give huge credit to non-whites and females and mixed of the two.
>>
More women attempt to publish than men. Stop perverting things to fit your views
>>
Modern white women are the most privileged class of people in human history.
>>
>more women attempt to publish than men
>romance is the top selling genre by far and it's written for and by almost exclusively women

It was bound to happen really.
>>
>>7633990
I always wondered if everyone on that sub was a troll.
>>
>>7633990
But for the same reason I assume
>>
>>7633934

>differently abled.

HOLY KEK
>>
>>7633934
>88% straight
I don't know the exact numbers, but doesn't this mean writers are overall disproportionally gay?
>>
>>7633934
>publishing staff
>including every secretary who ever fetched even an ounce of coffee

Up next
>The population of earth is overwhelmingly Indian or Chinese, something needs to be done about this
>>
This lack of diversity is deplorable
>>
>>7633934

>One bright spot in the survey results is the publishing industry’s gender composition, which leans heavily away from men/cis men and toward women/cis women

It's a great shame when feminism becomes female chauvinism.

As to the OP, I don't care. I never intended to become a writer. Neither do I intend to read contemporary literature until I'm done with the classics, which should take a lifetime.

All good.
>>
>>7633934
"""not differently able"""
>>
>>7634023
Is that surprising to you?
>>
>>7633934
Normal, smart people gravitate towards jobs in literature and education, more news at 5
>>
>>7633981
It doesn't. If you want to see more diversity in publishing than maybe your trans, black, retarded ass should get a job in it.
>>
>>7634175
>smart people
>education

o i am laffin'

also
>literature
>jobs

ah yes, all those jobs at the literature factory
>>
>>7634181
>job in publishing
>not dealing with literature

No wonder you think smart people don't need an education. You clearly lack the mental capacity to get one.
>>
File: 8h.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
8h.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>7633934

>cushy industry is 104% vagina
>focus only on its racial homogeneity as "problematic"
>praise it for "balancing" the overall gender imbalance of society, which is constantly presumed as a justification for any female chauvinism, and would be even if men were literally all galley slaves

I'm hoping at least two or three fence-sitting SJWs who read something like this will be pushed to one side by how retarded it is, but I doubt it.
>>
>>7634186
Stem and English double major from a top 10 university with a high paying job that let's me shitpost on 4chan at work :)
>>
>>7634200
Oh yeah well my dad works at nintendo
>>
So how to we get the book industry to aim more towards males when writing books?
>>
>>7634205
Can you ship me a copy of dankey kang?
>>
MUH INTERSECTIONALITY
>>
File: 1436497103650.gif (2MB, 305x392px) Image search: [Google]
1436497103650.gif
2MB, 305x392px
>>7633934
>gender nonconforming
>>
>>7633934
>One bright spot in the survey results is the publishing industry’s gender composition
I'm glad they're finally starting to admit that it's not about equality and is actually about genociding white men.
>>
White women are probably 80% of the market
>>
Just goes to show that only closet homosexuals read books.
>>
Given their general political dispositions I don't think we can say that there is an issue with exclusion for minority identities, if anything their eager to publicize/hire them.
>>
So essentially the publishing industry is disproportionately gay, disproportionately female, and fairly proportional in regards to the disabled (19% of the us population is reported to have some sort of disability but over half of those are considered severe which would most likely exclude them from most jobs to begin with). Even given the fact that those employed are disproportionately white by an excess of about 16% that still seems a fairly low disparity when ethnic/cultural attitudes towards reading and education are considered (there are several statistical studies regarding this).
>>
File: 1446227927026.jpg (53KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1446227927026.jpg
53KB, 500x383px
>Supports Cultural Marxism
>Complains when it turns around and bites them in the ass

/news/ tried to warn us.
>>
>>7634771
Fukuyama says that identity politics has given new life to the right, in that it both unifies the right against the excesses and demands of omnipotent moral busybodies, and breaks the progressive left into hundreds of squabbling identities that do not ever work as one. He says its one of the reasons for the decline of labor and social justice in post 60s America.
>>
>It's okay when women do it.
>>
>>7634809
I thought it was the Muslim rape gangs?
>>
>>7634023

Yes Gay are less that one % in fact...
>>
>>7634592
Yeah it is great. I especially like the "diversity in publishing" at the bottom right corner.
The thing is most people don't even care, they can flat out tell you we want women to have 90% of all jobs and people still won't do anything.
It was masterfully executed desu.
>>
>>7634023
LGBT make up about 3.8% (self-identified) of the US population, a place where it is relatively normal and accepted. I'd say that's close to actual numbers for humanity (meaning nobody is hiding or lying out of fear/shame/etc).

A recent Gallup poll found that Americans think 23% of the population is LGBT. Surprisingly, to me anyways, is that this number has been maintained for much of the 2000s. It's not a recent development coinciding with SJW or gay marriage or anything like that.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/183383/americans-greatly-overestimate-percent-gay-lesbian.aspx

I think it's funny that the false diversity of 80s/90s cartoons like Magic Schoolbus or Captain Planet where the makeup of reality is essentially a checklist of identities (the Black Kid, the Wheelchair kid, the X kid) still holds to this day. In fact, when people find that reality doesn't hold up to their false expectations, they demand reality shift itself.
>>
Just employ people based on their merit and suitability for the job. Race, gender and orientation should be irrelevant, right?
>>
>tfw mixed race

Emmys n shit here I come
>>
Why are white people on their own somehow inadequate or lacking? Seems racist to me. It's especially insulting when you live in a high immigration area and you are as much of a minority as the "minorities" yet still get shit on all the time for being a white oppressor.
>>
>>7635061
>LGBT make up about 3.8% (self-identified) of the US population

A largest percentage of that include self-identified bisexuals, which are overwhelming are objectively heterosexual in preference. In actuality It's probably less than 2%.
>>
>>7635193
STOP USING FACTS
>>
I work at a lit agency and can confirm that this is also true on the agent side of the business. It makes for a deeply uncomfortable office environment. For a long time i was the only guy in my office under the age of 50, but we just hired another dude my age and I'm so happy I could cry. They won't hire a third though because they think two is enough (there was a real conversation about it and that was the real opinion of many)
>>
Think long and hard about who you know who actsully reads books as a regular hobby.

It's fucking women m8. If it wasn't for women there would be no industry
>>
>>7635707
>two is enough

out of how many, anon?
>>
>>7635713
We don't need an art industry
>>
>>7633990
>sub
gtfo
>>
But I already am published
>>
>>7634771
listen, buddy
there's the left (bernie sanders types)
and there are SJWs (any faggot looking to benefit their multiple identities)
identity politics and class politics are opposed
identities are easily co-opted by capital; class no. thus poor people as white can be for fucking themselves over as long as it looks like poor black people are getting fucked over more. but poor people as poor people cannot be coopted.
>>
>>7635707
file gender discrimination lawsuit
>>
>>7635729
I think like 25ish. There are some really old agents who are men and are basically too rich to come to work and too stubborn to retire. I think there's a good amount of resentment for these guys because of how much money there was in publishing when they were making their bones, and so I'm thrown in with them even though I'm young and poor as sin. I've literally been sat down and told that nothing I do career wise can be considered earned or of equal value. Truly the stuff of a standard issue MRA's wettest dreams.
>>
>>7635150
>It's especially insulting when you live in a high immigration area and you are as much of a minority as the "minorities" yet still get shit on all the time for being a white oppressor.

its called white privilege m8
>>
Why is the "non-disabled" part neccesary?
>>
File: 1454014051174.png (39KB, 596x473px) Image search: [Google]
1454014051174.png
39KB, 596x473px
actually made me angry
ROOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: A1qIL5eH_200x200.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
A1qIL5eH_200x200.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>this is the guy that wrote the article
toppest heh
>>
>>7635061
>>7635193
Basically this, a lot of women who identify as bi do so to seems zany and special
>>
>>7636049
Time to cripple more authors. You think Franzen would volunteer?
>>
>>7634024
To be fair, something DOES need to be done
>>
>>7636065
imagine being the sort of person that cheers at your own exclusion and eventually death
>>
>>7635761
The left is being eaten alive by SJWs incase you haven't noticed. It's hilarious, because all those diverse poor folk the left was supposed to help are REALLY gonna get boned now, because it's all about diversifying the board room and the country club.
>>
>>7636130
you only think this is the case because of loud people on the internet
i agree it's a problem, but it was a problem in the early 90s too. things go in cycles. we're at the peak of this one; the backlash is already here
>>
>>7634205
He doesn't understand, he's full of shit
>>
>>7633934
>writes article as if it is actually representative
>roughly 12000 people COULD have responded
>only a quarter of that did
Shit stats m8
>>
>>7636138
except the backlash is coming almost exclusively from the right
"the left is in crisis" is what smart leftists have realised
the truth is it isn't crisis, it's collapse
>>
Posted a link to the original survey on my facebook wall. I'm in a well-respected, predominantly MFA right now, with a 2/3 female cohort, of which all but 1 are white. Wonder what will happen.
>>
>>7636181
Big typo there. Sorry m8s, I'm hammered right now. Delete the word predominantly
>>
File: internettrouble.png (187KB, 503x501px) Image search: [Google]
internettrouble.png
187KB, 503x501px
>>7633934
Yet still the best books are (and always have been) written by white men. Some of them were gay admittedly, but still.
>>
>>7636179
this isn't remotely true, you just read stupid bullshit
read any issue of "in these times"
"liberals" are not "left"
sucking wall street cock is not "left"
>>
>>7636222
>my insignificant faction with little to no traction is the true heir to Marx
yeah this is exactly why the left is done
>>
>>7636246
is bell hooks running for president or is it bernie sanders?
is the supposedly unbeatable woman candidate polling less well among young women than an old grumpy communist?
just because you get rustled by idiots on facebook doesn't mean they have "traction" anywhere but the depths of your asshole
>>
>>7636253
sorry should have specified I was talking about real politics not reality tv land
>>
>>7636282
you're a swede?
my condolences
your fascist parties are pretty much left economically so just go for that
>>
File: 1432773499906.jpg (1MB, 1000x4624px) Image search: [Google]
1432773499906.jpg
1MB, 1000x4624px
>>
>>7636179
Identity politics is capitalism's latest way of neutering and fragmenting the left. All of a sudden oppression is all about individual attitudes and microaggessions rather than anything institutional or built into the system. And the stupid MRA crowd and their ilk want to blame it all on "Marxism" when the SJW mantra is as contra-marxist as it gets (class doesn't matter, identity does)
>>
>>7636049
It's all about category quotas, not quality or suitability. Each extra 'diversity' category statistic is something that can be used as a weapon against something they want to criticise.

I wonder what would happen if something like the Oscars actually did a full-pandering list with all the favoured 'diversity' groups accounted for. I suspect it'd still end up being criticised as insufficient in some category or other, as there is no satisfying these people.
>>
File: Feelings.png (234KB, 616x468px) Image search: [Google]
Feelings.png
234KB, 616x468px
>>7635761
>
RIght it would appear to me that the identity politics side of the left would be ok with 1% of the population controlling whatever ridiculous percentage of the capital as long as that 1% was a scale to scale reproduction of the population demographics of the US, including all races.

The problems with this type of thinking are pretty obvious- the preservation of black "culture" from appropriation despite the fact that black culture is oppressive to blacks, white men make up the majority of the proletariat in the US at least (majority of working poor I mean) and are neglected, tons of cognitive dissonance. it's fucked
>>
>>7636414
I don't think it's any conscious action of any organization but this is a good crystallization d-d-desu
>>
>>7633934
>white 79%
>straight 88%
Why can't they get published? I get it if you're talking about the Middle Eastern asexual trans cripples on this board (of which, I assume there are hundreds), but the lowest number straight and white pulled was a 79%. Even the men category is solid for a losing number (21%).
>>
>>7633966
>the left has shattered
And literature with it
>>
>>7633934
"Cis" knock it off with your made up internet snowflake gender bullshit. Fuck right off with that
>>
>>7636065
C U C K
U
C
K
>>
>>7635765
>>7635787
Seriously do it. Sounds like a very clear case if you manahe to get any written or recorded evidence of this
>>
>>7637320
>i don't like to think about things, stop forcing me to
>>
Sometimes I wonder if Black folk get pissed off when we talk about issues of race and issues of transgenderism as if they were both important for the same reason

I'm quite comfortable with being staunchly anti-racism, pro-reparations, etc., while also being staunchly conservative on almost every other 'social' issue. Why isn't this a more vocal group?
>>
>>7633934
Makes perfect sense. They get to pretend they were part of what produced the text without actually have written it.
>>
>>7637255
the white publishers are probably the more disproportionately gay ones, though.
>>
>>7635761
Anything can be co-opted. With poor people it's about posturing to look like you're "helping" them.
>>
There is no group on Earth more damaging to independent thought and diversity of ideas than white women.
>>
>>7638320
There's always black women.
>>
>>7638330

Black women are a good source of entertaining writing, though.

http://diaryofanegress.com/
>>
>>7638339
/pol/ /r9k/ for black women, down to the jewish conspiracies and being resentful at men for not wanting to fuck her. maybe that's just the end result of a capitalist society that reduces everyone to ultra-rational pleasure seeking machines. we all end up as isolated paranoiacs.
>>
>>7636019

How do I have privilege? I'm an outsider in the country of my birth.

The only privilege I have is the ability to console myself with the shared memory of a better past.
>>
>>7638510
We are all sinners due to Adam and Eve, the original sinners.

You are privileged due to the skin color of your forefathers, the original privilege-havers. Unfortunately, there is no redemption.
>>
Is it really such a bad idea now to get into self-publishing?
>>
>>7633934
>differently abled
ayy
>>
>>7633981
who is pretending?
>>
>>7633934

>tfw you identify as a genderfluid cis-able orca
>>
>>7635068
Yes, but no, only insofar as every person is equally terrible.
>>
File: 1446773603759.jpg (138KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1446773603759.jpg
138KB, 640x640px
Is it like this everywhere? Because if it is, I think I know why literature isn't what it once was.
>>
File: shine.gif (56KB, 322x236px) Image search: [Google]
shine.gif
56KB, 322x236px
>this whole entire thread
i love the smell of butthurt in the evening
>>
>>7639290

why is it that every time feminists get called out on their bullshit they resort to the classic "OMG SETTLE DOWN HAH YOU'RE SO MAD LOL"
>>
>>7634186
We'll played :D
>>
>>7639583
Because if they ever admit to themselves they were wrong, their whole world would flip and fuck itself inside out.
>>
>>7633934
Why is leaning away from men/cis a bright spot? The new sexism is bullshit, but all you must do to reverse it is pretend to identify as a woman, reduce testosterone, and you too can compete in the olympics against women or in mma, using your male physical advantages t o destroy them and forever end the illusiin of equality, and be heralded as a gender bending hero when you prey on those suffering from true gender dimorphism. Modern society is shit.
>>
Quite funny how these diagrams of disproportionate reprensation are only of interest to white males when they show that Females, Jews, Blacks or Asians get more than a fair share.

When white men do it? Meritocracy, bitch.
>>
>>7640428
Stereotyping 101 ... asian scientists and mathematicians probably earbed their position through innate aptitude. Since the 90s, scholarships and other non-nepotistic chances for non-athlete white males is limited. Perfect SAT score, one thousand dollar scholarship. 96th percentile GRE and 95th percentile gre subject test, only rejections for PhD so far. Show me a black woman with those scores and no fucking way she gets rejected.
>>
>>7634028
>>One bright spot in the survey results is the publishing industry’s gender composition, which leans heavily away from men/cis men and toward women/cis women
>It's a great shame when feminism becomes female chauvinism.
to be fair a job in the publishing industry is a vow of poverty
they can have their pink ghetto
>>
>>7634206
>So how to we get the book industry to aim more towards males when writing books?
we pay quadruple for male books
because if you pay the piper you get to call the tune
if women readers outnumber male readers the only way we can control the market is if we outlandishly overpay
so get jobs and earn and burn you lazy neet jagoffs
>>
Don't know if its been said but I bet all the dudes are at the top and the women are the slush readers /dick suckers / harem
>>
>>7637606
>Pro-reperations
Jesus Christ, what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>7640428
People are complaining about the hypocrisy of it you fucking dolt. When white men disproportionately dominate an industry; bad, when another group disproportionately dominates an industry; good. Nobody cares that most publishers are female, women prop up the book industry with their shitty YA fiction and romance/erotica novels and the gender balance in publishing is reflective of this. Again, nobody cares that the industry is full of women, we're complaining that the lack of white males is seen as something to be celebrated.
>>
>>7640517
I believe very strongly in patriotism and pride in the history of your people. That means accepting the debts of your grandfathers along with the achievements. The reparation matter doesn't quite apply to me because I'm not American, but in general I don't see anything wrong with recognizing and honoring an old debt between peoples.
>>
>>7633934
How oppressive.
>>
>>7641253
>but in general I don't see anything wrong with recognizing and honoring an old debt between peoples.

What about if you take that to the logical conclusions?
>>
>>7640453
>Perfect SAT scores
>$1,000 scholarship
>only rejections for PhD

I am not surprised. Your SAT scores haven't been impressive about you in 4+ years and a $1,000 scholarship is pretty fucking meager, yet you still feel the need to point them out. Here's a question: Why did you only end up with a $1,000 scholarship in college if you were smart enough to get a perfect score on the SAT? What else did you do, or rather not do? Test scores are not the primary concern of a humanities program.
>>
>>7641636
>$1,000 scholarship is pretty fucking meager
That's actually pretty normal for the EU.

Even the best universities are usually 3k max.
>>
>>7640453
>96th percentile

kek how retarded do you have to be to not get 98+ ?
>>
>>7633934
I can dig it.

I applied to several publishing internships (both longshots and more obscure imprint houses) while at uni and never heard back, and the few times I've mingled with people (read: women) in the publishing industry it became pretty clear that my ilk wasn't really a part of that world.

Also, they were all always a tv sitcom's version of a "bookish" type.

I don't think I'm too thirsty for it, but many of the women (white, admittedly) I graduated with in journalism are living their reporter-gal-in-the-big-city-dreams with very little talent or ability. People complain about mediocre white guys, but these women are getting a pretty glaring pass.
>>
>>7640529
>when another group disproportionately dominates an industry: good

They aren't calling for minorities to become the majority, just that an organization accurately reflect the makeup of the society in which is exists. The New York publishing world is still pretty '80s.
>>
>>7641785
>SAT
>EU
>>
>>7641926
>just that an organization accurately reflect the makeup of the society in which is exists
>78% Woman
Do you live in a Japanese anime?
>>
>>7634179
the entire point you are missing here...
people aren't going to accept this diversity, it doesn't matter what one person wants to do if no one is gonna buy their shit because of their race, gender identity, etc
>>
>>7634553
you're on /lit/ and you can read, applause
>>
>>7641636
The point was the original scholarship was meager as fuck because I was solidly middle class. Mom had saved up enough money to make loans rather small ... most of the scholarships were given on need rather than merit, and I went to a goodish school (Notre Dame). I am almost middleaged now, out of school for years, but just wanted to see how apps for PhD would go. I still think a minority woman would have no problem getting in anywhere with my credentials.
>>
>>7641789
Just old and brain damaged.
>>
>>7642118
>notre dame
>goodish school
lmao

bro your entire school exists as an accessory to the athletic programs. the academics are a joke.
>>
>>7641926
>just that an organization accurately reflect the makeup of the society in which is exists
well it accurately reflects it's buying market, mostly white women
>>
You should all be ashamed of yourselves for giving a flying fuck about this.

If anything, we should be thanking women for keeping our passion alive.
>>
>>7642155
>we should be thanking women for keeping our passion alive
next you'll expect us to thank them for giving birth to us
and feeding us
and letting us sleep on the couch down the basement
cuck
>>
>>7642118
>I am almost middleaged now

haha so why are you on immature ass website like 4chan? still get a kick out of funny frogs at your age?
>>
>>7642172
>he doesn't like the funny frogs

senpai...
>>
>>7642118
>I am almost middleaged now, out of school for years, but just wanted to see how apps for PhD would go.
Programs definitely take in middle-aged men, but not ones who half-ass the application as a little curiosity. It also helps if you have a flexible career that would let you do all your work while not needing a funding package.
>>
>>7642172
People don't suddenly become 'mature' at 30 or 40. There's all kinds of bald beer-gut dudes out there who are more juvenile that many teenagers.
>>
>>7635761
Bernie is a hardcore SJW. Don't even act like he isn't he wrote that "satirical" paper that assumes that men enjoyed watching women get raped, and thus they enjoy it or some shit. He loves Eugene Debs and the USSR. He is a complete and utter commie. He is only using democratic socialism like Lenin did. He loves open borders. He loves Muslims. He hates white males. He loves pay gap theory. He loves multiculturalism. He's a SJW. He has been his entire life.
>>
Muh multiculturalism cucks.
>>
>>7642209
Shh, this is the /lit/. The place where pseduo-intellectuals come in droves. They actually believe communism and multiculturalism work.
>>
>>7642216
Have to at least try to crack open a window to let in some air, or even *gasp* let some of them out of their delusions family.
>>
>>7633966
>The left has basically shattered at this point
The Left has been basically shattered since the collapse of the Soviet Union f a m.
>>
>>7642285
You underestimate the left sir or madam.
>>
>>7642301
What am I underestimating about it? It seems natural that the elites of society want leftism, a natural nation wrecker, so they can push their globalist agenda. Every single mainstream news source is left-biased.
>inb4 faux news they're literally donating millions for open borders and to the Clintons they will endorse the democratic candidate over trump
All of the left's supports come from sheltered individuals believing that government can take care of their problems and create their perfect utopia. People who are pragmatic and experience reality are right-leaning. The left is basically all telling of pure corruption. It's simply a tool for the powerful to use and exploit to keep holding on to their power.
>>
>>7634957
that too
>>
>>7633934
>79% white
>88% straight
>92% not differently abled
what's the problem here? onlylike 2% of the population is gay anyway..

And the fact that single mums are essentially killing literature is totally fucked too.
>>
>>7644005
White straight men write the best literature.
>>
>>7644013
>White straight men
Not so sure about straight, in that the western canon was mostly formed in times where homosexuality was heavily frowned upon, but yeah, white men essentially built our whole aesthetic and philosophical framework.
>>
>>7642206
see you're conflating communism and identity politics again
movement of people is one thing, movement of capital another
one must be against both
sanders is: https://berniesanders.com/open-borders-a-gimmick-not-a-solution/
so is trump i assume
>>
>>7644031
Just throw in straight to trigger SJWs. 95% of the population is straight, so a straight guy is much more likely to come up with something good than a gay guy.
>>7644054
Sanders is AIDS
>>
>>7644081
>95% of the population is straight
97.5%, probably higher.
>>
>>7644081
are you suggesting that half an hour of dick and balls endless dick and balls dick and endless balls is not profound prose?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfX4iHVktz4
>>
>>7638339
I think she's mentally ill
>>
>>7636091
And guys who can't get their girlfriends to peg them.
>>
>>7636150
If methodology is right, a quarter is fucking more than enough to be representative.
>>
>>7645398
A quarter chosen randomly would be representative. A quarter chosen because they responses may not be.
>>
>>7633934
You know OP, I was going through Amazon's thriller section and I was intrigued by the number of titles that begin with "The Girl"

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"

"The Girl on the Train"

"The Girl in the spider's web"

"The Girl with no past"

and this is just the front page of the thriller bestsellers. Makes me wonder.
>>
>>7646916
Gone Girl too, though it doesn't have the exact "The Girl" title structure.

The trend started with the Dragon Tattoo series. Their titles were changed to make them more marketable in English - in the original Swedish, the first book is called "Men Who Hate Women". The English titles took their cue from the second book in the series (The Girl Who Played with Fire), which has that title in Swedish too.

Given the ongoing financial success of the various Girl-title books, expect a deluge of similarly-named books and movie adaptations over the next few years.
>>
>>7642337
can you not separate the left, which means basically socializing capital to various extents, and liberalism, which means free borders and capital flows?
your shit's crazy, family
>>
>>7647041
>>7646916
It's fascinating, the "girl/woman" thing. I call women girls in both RL and prose, but that's because I'm an amoral sexual opportunist who likes to infantilise the opposite sex. So I wonder if that's the reason behind the broader use of "girl" by both men and women - under capitalism everyone wants to be a child taken advantage of, and women, being naturally the "second sex", fall into the linguistic and social positions of such a pedophilic urge easier than men.
>>
>>7642337
Then we are in agreement sir.
>>
>>7642337
>What am I underestimating about it?
>am I
Jesus christ that entire post.
>>
>>7633934
>There's that good of chunk of gender-noncomformies

And this is coming from an androgynous folk.
>>
>>7647098
*a chunk but who cares
>>
>>7646916
You cannot comprehend how self-obsessed the fair sex is.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.