[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the local opinions here on Allen Ginsberg?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: ttrr.jpg (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ttrr.jpg
167KB, 1920x1080px
What are the local opinions here on Allen Ginsberg?
>>
talentless hack who only achieved notoriety due to the racial nepotism of his kinsmen
>>
slayed boipussy like a champ
>>
File: adolf-hitler[1].jpg (78KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
adolf-hitler[1].jpg
78KB, 1024x576px
>>7632465
he was a fag, hence degenerate and hence a menace to white society

not redpill approved
>>
a decent poet... an important figure, inspired artists far greater than himself
>>
he supported nambla
>>
>>7632504
hahahahahahahaha
oh man the saddest part is i think you're serious
>>
>>7632465
The lost son of Whitman and William Carlos Williams.
Great poet and a must-read.
>>
>>7632512
he's probably a liberal too!! fucking brainwashed IDIOT

when will the mentally ill ever learn?
>>
>>7632465
>Allen Finklestein
>>
>>7632465
disgusting
>>
>>7632465
degeneracy
>>
>>7632517
If Ginsburg wrote in free verse, then Whitman invented something else.
>>
>>7632466
>>7632482
>>7632537
Please go back to your containment board
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7632465

couldn't write poetry, so he tried gimmicks that worked for teenagers. Only a few academics will call him a poet. Marjorie Perloff is one. Those that do are basically the same as those professors who claim that video games like Metal Gear Solid are fine art and should be studied like Shakespeare. Video games don't pretend to be more than games. Ginsberg didn't pretend to be more than a poet for teenagers and those of a teenager mentality. Why treat him/them any different?
>>
I will NEVER EVER accept homosexuality.

IT'S NOT OKAY
>>
Worth reading, he's good for what he is. Howl is a good and important poem. He took himself much less seriously than a lot of people take him now. I personally enjoy reading stuff written by him and about him.
>>
>>7632552

Ginsburg was a degenerate. Nihilistic permissiveness borne out of him not being fit or virtuous in relation to the more conservative social norms of his generation.

The circumstance of being victim to domination, instead of fomenting and accelerating conflict and rebellion, instead engendered in him a morality of acuiescence and alienation. An component to the process of expression is dscrimination and affirmation. A philosophy which moralizes permisiveness and derides hierarchy and preference is then deriving scruples at odds with process of human expression in general. A weakling pretty much
>>
File: IMG-20120103-00405.jpg (455KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20120103-00405.jpg
455KB, 1600x1200px
A lot of good points here.

Despite my knee-jerk reaction against the Beats for being shallow, there's something about Allen that is interesting.

He didn't write much, and that's something which annoys me about him. Why is he so famous despite writing so little? Howl is a poem which is quite good thematically (the first part sounds rather good, almost powerful), but there's not much beneath the surface.

Kaddish is an interesting poem. I love its theme, and I love Allen's final conclusion about his mother. (Paraphrased from his view: "Perhaps I should not cast pity on her death, because her death may have been the final healing of her condition, and so it was not a bad thing.")

There are also elements of Allen's life which seem rather disgusting. There's just not much to admire besides Howl and Kaddish. He morphed into a pretty ugly human being physically, and he didn't put out much. In fact, he very probably only gained notoriety because of the Howl court case.

Very ambivalent on this one. Love him and hate him.
>>
>>7632963
>and he didn't put out much

In terms of writing, I meant.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.