[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any ethicians who portray murder as essentially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: bandz.jpg (32KB, 813x423px) Image search: [Google]
bandz.jpg
32KB, 813x423px
Are there any ethicians who portray murder as essentially a victimless crime?
>>
No because then it would just be killing a person and not murder.
>>
>>7631652
What do you consider the difference between killing and murder?
>>
>>7631674

You do know there's a difference between Murder, Homicide, and Manslaughter, right?
>>
>>7631674
Killing is causing death.

Murder is killing without justification, relative as that is.
>>
>>7631674
Nothing
t. American protestant
>>
>>7631647

Explain to me why you believe the person being murdered isn't a victim.
>>
>>7631719
I mean ethically, not legally. But I assume you mean premeditation?

>>7631734
Death doesn't harm a person though.
>>
>>7631768
Non-existence is per definition harmless since there is no one to be harmed.

Of course there are certain circumstances in which murder can bring harm. Suffering family members being the main the thing. But murder in itself harms no one. If you walk up to a hermit who doesn't know anyone in his sleep and you shoot him in the head there is no victim.
>>
>>7631776
thats retarded.
>>
>>7631816
Excellent argument, lad.
>>
>>7631773
>>7631776

I don't think you've thought this through. Say you stop existing after you die. Then obviously after you die you cannot be harmed. While you are dying I can still do considerable amounts of harm to you and that harm might cause your death.
>>
>>7631776
Forcing someone into non-existence is pretty harmful, though. It is kinda the ultimate form of harm.
Your argument doesn't make any sense
>>
>>7631839
>Then obviously after you die you cannot be harmed. While you are dying I can still do considerable amounts of harm to you and that harm might cause your death.
'While you are dying' means 'while you are living'. A quick death is harmless.

>>7631840
How is non-existence harmful?
>>
>>7631840
good thing we arent all doomed to an eventual nonexistence amirite haha
>>
>>7632180
>How is non-existence harmful?
It doesn't matter if it is harmful or not.
Forcing it into people is.
>>
>>7631647

my city be full of them demons

;)
>>
>>7631647
>murder is a victimless crime

oh god that sound like some shit a situationist fucktard would sloganize, lmao famalam
>>
>>7632315
i like how op chose a pic that emphasizes diversity so all peoples and identities feel welcome, sort of like when a college brochure has a picture of an engineering lab there's always a smiling negro and a chick in a hijab instead of some white nerd and bunch of hindu stinklords like it actually do be
>>
>>7632311
>forcing non-existence into people
As soon as there's non-existence there's no longer a person, family.

>>7632315
Bandz go hard to be honest.
>>
>>7632353
It really is though, I've literally never met someone who was mad about being killed.
>>
>>7632445
And I've never had a mute women complain about me raping them.
>>
>>7631647

Yes. Burning the witch would purge her of sinand save her soul. King James even edited the bible to advocate the murder of witches.
>>
File: Rihanna-album-cover.jpg (28KB, 599x605px) Image search: [Google]
Rihanna-album-cover.jpg
28KB, 599x605px
idk abt murda but piracy a victimless crime, now who got that new rihanna?
>>
>>7632459
Mute women are ver much capable of complaining. Non-existent people do not exist and therefore do not complain.
>>
>>7631776
Death is always painful, and there is much harm to be done there.
Being shot is the most common, but a painless shoot through the head is rare, and people usually remain conscious for painful seconds (or minutes in rare cases) after being shot in the head, even a lifetime if they're "lucky". They only case of a possible painless death is with a very precise shoot, or with a lot of drugs in the hospital.
>>
>>7632545
If you slip someone into a barbiturate coma and then add muscle relaxant to halt respiration they don't even notice.

Your objections are valid in a lot of situations though, but they aren't a criticism of murder itself so much as suboptimal methods.
>>
>>7632464
Piracy potentially deprived an actual person, murder deprived a hypothetical person, so piracy is worse.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>7631836
It is, though.

>lad
lol
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 150x221px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 150x221px
>>7631647
Agrarian Marxism in the Cambodian tradition
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.