[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you write? What do you write? Do you think you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: writing snoopy.jpg (75KB, 1024x588px) Image search: [Google]
writing snoopy.jpg
75KB, 1024x588px
How many of you write?

What do you write?

Do you think you're any good?

Do you think you'll get published?
>>
>>7630822
reddit
>>
File: nick-young-confused-face.png (205KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
nick-young-confused-face.png
205KB, 505x431px
>>7630835
did I ask?
>>
>>7630835

If anyone here is lost, it's you.
>>
I do.

I write poetry, essays on art or stuff I find interesting, and would like to try some fiction, but I don't think I have the narrative bug in me.

I think I'm good, better than average, but I think I still have a long road to travel to develop myself as a writer, there are still many authors I'd like to read and know, so many poets, ideas...

Certainly. I have some proposals already and have published in some respectable places. However, I don't plan publishing my first book until I feel it's a high peak. I try to be as harsh as possible when reviewing my own writings and tend to dump what doesn't convince me.
>>
I write essays on random topics for fun and to develop ideas, and I'm trying to write two or three non-fiction books that I think will probably take 3-5 years to complete. So far the books are kinda aphoristic, since I add prospective segments when I get a flash of inspiration on some random part, and don't really write them in sequence.

I write some fiction, mostly speculative short stories, mostly working out ideas that I don't want to do in non-fiction form. Gotten some attention but I'm just sort of amassing them at this point without any clear purpose.
>>
File: 005.jpg (497KB, 750x1500px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
497KB, 750x1500px
>What do you write?

I write pieces of shit short stories that never end up being more than 20 pages, and the project ends about a quarter or halfway through the story. I've managed to write one piece so far that is now at 30k words, still working with it because I like it so much.

>Do you think you're any good?

Hah, fuck no.

>Do you think you'll get published?

Fuck no, whoever wants to publish me is an idiot.
>>
File: 1401200583873.cached.jpg (209KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1401200583873.cached.jpg
209KB, 2000x1333px
I alternate between writing science fiction and fantasy, writing completely realistic fiction, and writing magical realism/weird fiction. It all kind of blends together for me, though, since I apply the same amount of thought and effort to all of it. I suppose that's the Borgesian influence on my work; "all fiction is fantasy," after all. I write short stories, novels, and flash fiction.

I do think I'm somewhat good. I went years without getting published anywhere, and I started to wonder if it would ever happen. However, just in the past two months I've been published in two separate places, in a magazine and on a website. I've also got an editor looking at one of my novels.

Don't give up, /lit/. An author I once exchanged emails with told me that the secret to being a great writer is persistence. If you're any good at all and you just keep going, sooner or later you'll have your day in the sun. Everyone who never became a published writer gave up too quickly.
>>
>What do you write?
Short stories, I haven't committed to anything longer yet.
>Do you think you're any good?
Oh no.
>Do you think you'll get published?
Oh no.
>>
i don't.
>>
>>7630822
I do.

I write a lot about horror and absurdity, for fiction that is. I write a lot of essays on nature and art for non-fiction. I work on both equally.

I think I'm good as long as I don't share what I'm writing while actually writing it.

It's easy to get published nowadays. I believe my stuff if above average and if I search out publishers I feel confident.
>>
>>7630822
I just wrote a shitty 2 page essay on nature and the insignificance of the human individual. Here's hoping it gets published in a literary journal that's starting up in my town.
>>
Right now I'm working on a novel. I've never done any creative writting prior to this but hey, I figure the best way to start is to dive right in. It's a fantasy novel so most people on this board probably wouldn't like it. My goal from the beginning is to avoid typical fantasy tropes ie no magic, no big badguy who wants to take over/blow up the world, and instead focus on a smaller story with the focus on the characters. Tbh the only reason I do fantasy is so I don't need to adhere to any historical accuracy. As for it being good, probably not, buy it's still 1st draft, so I have plenty of time to improve. I'll only try getting published after I become satisfied with it, which may be never.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.