[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens when medical or technical immortality is possible,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (94KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 750x1334px
What happens when medical or technical immortality is possible, /lit/? Will it invalidate writings on the impermanence of life?
>>
I can only imagine you saying this to a girl you've known for a month and are hoping to sleep with. You're a moron
>>
>>7628931
No: all things will eventually come to an end. In time, even the atoms which compose us will decay into electrons.
>>
>>7628936
How about an actually interesting question then anon

How do you think writing perspectives will change when death is no longer such a short-term obstacle?
>>
>>7628947
Ya know, I apologize. I misread immortality as immorality.
I don't think it is much of a problem though.
>>
>>7628963
You thought he was asking what happens when medical or technical immorality is possible? What?
>>
>>7628963
>scientific immorality
I giggled.

Thanks though anon. The inevitability of the end constantly plagues me whenever i stop to think. I've stopped going to movies because every second i watch i can feel the end of existence coming closer. What do i read to help me come to peace with this?

Help
>>
>>7628971
No wonder he thought op was a moron
>>
>>7628973
Do twenty pushups/situps/burpees, talk to a friend, feel lifted.
>>
>>7628931
surely it makes it all the more special?

I like to think that in the future we can determine exactly when and where the next stages of our lives begin and end. So in an instant, we can become a Monarch butterfly, and then return again to our state of being.
>>
even if we get rid of cancer and aging or even hunger we will still have accidents. barring that, eventually all the stars will die, unless some force from outside our universe acts on them like in book of the new sun.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.