[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literary or Artistic Inspiration From Dreams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1417981112019.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1417981112019.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
Have you ever woken up from a dream so amazing or terrifying that you thought it had to be brought to life?

Post some stories about dreams you thought about putting into books or drawing out, or did.
>>
>>7627951

I've posted dreams of mine in the past--deeply meaningful and personal dreams--and gotten no response whatsoever.
>>
>>7627970
Post them here, it's sort of the point of the thread.
>>
>>7627970
Not explicitly but I imagine that the lurker-poster ratio is like 20:1 if not more and that it's those sort of nuggets of sincerity sifted through all the disaffected shitposting that keeps this place interesting enough to lurk despite itself. Or at least that's my justification for often getting no responses.
>>
>>7627990
>>7628030

It was a similar kind of thread. At least twice it's happened, in fact. So at this point it's just not something personal I'm willing to put out there again and have it disregarded. One thing I will mention is the role architecture often plays in such dreams of mine.
>>
>>7627951
>>7627970
I've realized that dreams are like drug trips. You'll find them extremely interesting... as long as they're not other people's.

Incidentally, Frankenstein was inspired by a dream.
>>
>>7628030
This 100%

I don't even know how many times I've found posts which stuck in my mind for long after which I didn't reply to, simply because I thought a reply wasn't necessary, didn't have much else to say, didn't want to trivialize the post by saying something unimportant as a response
>>
One of my favorite responses I've gotten on this website was from my dream re-telling on /int/. I don't actually remember the dream but I remember the response said I was a credit to the boards.

https://www.google.com/search?q="credit+to+these+boards"&oq="credit+to+these+boards"&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60.15251j0j4&client=ms-android-att-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#q=%22you%27re+a+credit+to+these+boards%2C+anon%22

It's not on desustorage but there's a Google result from that one ad-ridden 4chan copy that some asshat put up. Though clicking on the link doesn't take me to the thread in question.

But yeah if anyone gives a shit I guess you can try to figure out how to get more of the site preview to see what my post actually was.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.