[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your personal favourite books of the 21st century?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: peirrotlafoupic3.jpg (73KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
peirrotlafoupic3.jpg
73KB, 500x517px
2666 - Roberto Bolano
Oblivion: Stories - DFW
The Pale King DFW
The Feast of the Goat - Mario Vargas Llosa
Freedom - Jonathan Franzen
House of Leaves - Mark Z. Danielewski
Oryx and Crake - Margaret Atwood
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - Junot Diaz
This is How You Lose Her - Junot Diaz

All very enjoyable books. Some of them, I've read 5 or more times. Those authors knew what they were fucking doing, you know?

Post your own, and comment on other people's.
>>
>>7627747
Poor bait.
>>
File: girlonbuspic.jpg (282KB, 1600x1188px) Image search: [Google]
girlonbuspic.jpg
282KB, 1600x1188px
>>7627753

Not bait, friend, just what I think. You know that many of those books / authors are recognised as modern classics, right? DFW is obviously a celebrated author, and 2666 and Freedom are considered great books. The only bait here is your post.
>>
File: 745.jpg (37KB, 505x334px) Image search: [Google]
745.jpg
37KB, 505x334px
>>7627761
>>
File: seiobo.jpg (89KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
seiobo.jpg
89KB, 300x450px
this shit right here senpai
>>
>>7627797
how do i into krasznahorkai?
>>
>>7627802
Read his books, you retard.
>>
>>7627747
You'd have to be a leper to like The Pale King
>>
>>7627761
DFW is a giant hack with no literary chops to speak of. Franzen is exactly the same as DFW.
2666 was good, so says everyone in the world.
You know the only real problem I have with your post is that it's pretty obviously just a social piece. I'd have to wonder if you even read any of those books, and if you did, after, did you head on out to the Internet to see how well you liked them?
>>
>>7627806
which one first senpai
>>
>>7627812
Farewell to Arms and Decline of the West.
>>
>>7627812
they're all good, just pick whichever seems coolest to you
>>
>>7627747
Sunhawk, is that you? You're the only retard that would come here to brag about having read shit like Oscar Wao more than five times. And yes, I remember that thread you made about that fact.
>>
>>7627747
all of those personal favorites you have are completely wrong. i hope in time you'll see how stupid you've been.
>>
My Struggle 1-4 by Karl Ove Knausgaard
The Neapolitan Novels by Elena Ferrante
The Wallcreeper and Mislaid by Nell Zink
The Collected Stories of Lydia Davis
The Pale King by DFW
2666 by Roberto Bolano
Preparation for the Next Life by Atticus Lish

i'm probably forgetting a whole lot
>>
>>7627747
Against the Day
Middle C
>>
>>7627747
Kindly ones
>>
>>7627810
dfw is shit, but at least he's better than pynchon
>>
>>7627747
What movie from?
>>
>>7628271
>peirrot la fou pic 3 .jpg
it's "pierrot le fou" though
>>
>>7628281
thank you
>>
>>7628260
Well aren't you just a memeing memer.
>>
File: 271074.jpg (34KB, 309x475px) Image search: [Google]
271074.jpg
34KB, 309x475px
>>
>>7627810

>and if you did, after, did you head on out to the Internet to see how well you liked them?

Pray tell, do you do this? Really, it seems silly. On the other hand, looking up other people's opinions can be educational. Just make sure to form your own first. Endlessly seeking out people to think for you is very lame. Completely defeats the purpose of reading. Totally and utterly. If literature doesn't facilitate an ability to think for one self and form one's own opinions, it has failed to be enlightening. Oh well. Not everyone does it you know.

Capital letters famm.
>>
>>7628293
>he fell for the pynchon meme
>>
my novel that's currently in progress, t b h
>>
>>7628308
Kids these days.
>>
>>7627797
How difficult is he, even in translation? I was in Budapest for a month and I started reading this one (I think) in a bookstore, and normally difficulty isn't an issue for me but I've spent almost the last year living out of airports, and 2 page sentences when I'm sleep deprived and travel-weary drive me nuts.

Luckily I'm back at my parents in the US for another couple of months and can do these kinds of books. I can't remember why I didn't buy this book. Is it hard?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.