[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I read some book in bed, and some time passes by (usually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1452909465497.jpg (45KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
1452909465497.jpg
45KB, 331x331px
When I read some book in bed, and some time passes by (usually 45 minutes or so), reading gets really hard, and I have to re-read each sentence multiple times.
Is it normal?
>>
I know that feeling all to well although I have ADHD which makes it kind of hard to concentrate for more than 15 minutes.
>>
>>7626888
>>7626898
You're just tired. When you're sitting/lounging for more than 20 minutes, your bloodflow slows down and hence your brain works much more slowly and you're less willful/alert. If it's too late in the day to drink some coffee, either take a quick break to stretch your legs or call it a night.
>>
>>7626888
I once stayed up for 72 hour.
I tried reading but my brain was finishing sentences for me in really stupid ways.
That probably sounds really weird, but I could not concentrate on the book for more that a few seconds.

It took me about an hour to read one page and even then I really did not have any idea what it was about.

The only fix was sleep.
>>
>>7627686
but that's me everyday ;_;
>>
>>7628064
you know what the solution is then, sleep eternally.

but seriously, find something incredibly fascinating to you in terms of literature and get yourself back into the habit of reading, your interest will come first, then your body will follow. I have ADHD, and this has been the time tested method of bringing me back to Literature. oh, and cut yourself off from technology. otherwise you have no chance.
>>
>>7628108
Well thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it
>>
>>7627686
>I tried reading but my brain was finishing sentences for me in really stupid ways.
Honestly the most frustrating thing-- I read a sentence and slowly, with no knowledge of it, drift off into half-dreams, where the sentence influences the mind's eye and the images float off one another, into some strange incongruous thing, but then I bolt awake and start to read again, and then I begin to wonder which imagined thing is what was supposed to be. Of course it's all sorted out the next day, once I give up on it all, but it's so befuddling.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.