[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I go once I truly grow out of /lit/ but still enjoy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: home-philosophy01[1].jpg (28KB, 850x350px) Image search: [Google]
home-philosophy01[1].jpg
28KB, 850x350px
Where do I go once I truly grow out of /lit/ but still enjoy how quick discussions can flow without people double-thinking what they say due to having an e-name to uphold?

I'm getting half sick of your bullshit guys.
>>
>>7626866
Nowhere

I'm back after 3 years gone

Nowhere
>>
>>7626866
University.
>>
outside your moms basement
>>
You are not even discussing literature
No one is discussing literature
You can't get sick of the shit if even you are not willing to do it

"oh they don't do it so I don't have to do it"

Get out of here!
>>
File: tumblr_np3b2zRo3q1tinnpro1_1280.jpg (146KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np3b2zRo3q1tinnpro1_1280.jpg
146KB, 600x600px
The Big Rock Candy Mountains

(see ya later fags, thanks for nothing)
>>
>>7626903
where the jails are made of tin? i hear you can walk right out again as soon as you are in. hell, i hear the bulldogs all have rubber teeth and the hens lay soft boiled eggs.
>>
>>7626866

You sound like someone I would want to have around on a lit discussion board. I've left /lit/ and come back myself. Much of the discussion on this board is terrible, but the good is better than I've found anywhere else.

I have two recommendations that have improved my time here. One, which I recommend *highly*, is to make much use of the thread-hiding feature for threads that don't interest you, that take an ugly turn, and so on. (Recommendation 1-b is to report threads.) Second, I've found the Thread Watcher a really helpful way for gathering together the good discussions. Don't know how much you've made use of these features, but for me it's been pretty much night and day.

Maybe you simply need a break from this place; I know I did. Be enriched by your reading (and discussion), is the main thing.
>>
>>7626893
Actually I mainly come around these parts for the philosophy.
>>
>>7626949
why not initiate a philosophy board?
>>
>he doesn't use this place solely for finding new books and literary banter
>>
Fine since this is a nice thread I will vent some frustrations

Say you are reading othello and you figure out that the storm in the beginning of the play has double meaning and that the order of their arrival method and time plays to the "storm" that is the rest of the play

you make a thread about then surely people will answer or not answer

but this place is not for hey guys tell me what books to read, no, fuck that shit, literature is the consumption or the making of books it is not about the collection of books, majority of the time people come here to look for friends or show off their area of knowledge for whatever reason, this is not for that purpose and just because you can recognize that doesn't mean this board has lost its purpose, it only reflects how unwilling people are actually using the board for its intent

you can always come back if you have a question
>>
>>7626949
then go to /his/ faggot
>>
>>7626955
yeah, that's it, /his/ no need for a /phi/!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.