[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible for a writer to truly not influence their writings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 18x3pcgd6phaxjpg.jpg (27KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
18x3pcgd6phaxjpg.jpg
27KB, 640x360px
Is it possible for a writer to truly not influence their writings by their own traits (like how black authors will almost always write about race)
Any good examples of authors not doing this?
Any examples of shit authors that do do this?
pic really kinda not related
>>
>>7625089

By the sounds of it, pic might be very related, OP.
>>
White people don't do it because white people are the Same. The Other (non-whites) does it because of ressentiment. In the long run, no one will remember any of the ressentiment shit, and it will come to nothing, and white dudes will keep churning out classics and further developing themselves. It sucks.

I'm black btw.
>>
>>7625089
best works come out of interest in writing them
what interests a writer coupled with his ability is what makes the man
>>
>>7625089
>like how black authors will almost always write about race

>>put a black character in a setting where racism is prevalent
>>for some reason racism is a large motivating factor???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>7625109
But black authors almost always write about times and places where racism is relevant.
>>
>>7625109
Yes, Mr. Sherman, everything's racism.
>>
>>7625089

When white writers write about the suffering of war, it's all cool.

When black writers write about the suffering of oppression, they're "playing the race card".

People write about suffering. Just because someone cannot relate to a particular kind of suffering and do not want to try does not make the author bad. Maybe the reader is bad.

Putting yourself in a character's shoes, even if they have totally different experience to your own, is not only an important part of broadening your worldview and challenging your ideas, but an important part of becoming a better reader.

After all, you don't just want to read

>STUFF YOU AGREE WITH
>>
>>7625135
>When white writers write about the suffering of war, it's all cool.
no its not
>>
>>7625121
That's because racism is literally always relevant

If you had to sum up all human history in one phrase it would be

'muh tribe>your tribe '
>>
>>7625142

In terms of reaction to white writers writing about war it is. What did you mean?
>>
>>7625135
>White people writing about a war is the same as black people feigning oppression

What
>>
>>7625135
>Storm of Steel
>cool
>All Quiet on the Western Front
>cool
>The Voice of the Guns
>cool
Maybe you should read what people have written about war, anon.
>>
>>7625155
At least not on this board. Or have I been outta the loop for too long.
>>
>>7625159

I like books about war just fine. That was kind of my point! There's nothing wrong with them. I was pointing out a doub... eh, nevermind.
>>
>>7625153
for normal fags,
most of us dont like it because we find those themes to be below us you kno0w
>>
>>7625153

Not systematic not racism

It's like you're not even up to date with the current retard rhetoric
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.