[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being an ugly and pallid white guy a requirement to get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: 128466.jpg (24KB, 186x266px) Image search: [Google]
128466.jpg
24KB, 186x266px
Is being an ugly and pallid white guy a requirement to get into the antinatalist club?
>>
>>7624199
It may make you more likely to have the experiences that lead you to anti-natalism, but no.
>>
Yes. Niggers, Chad and women are not intelligent enough to see the truth in antinatalism
>>
File: 1429294872879.jpg (14KB, 236x306px) Image search: [Google]
1429294872879.jpg
14KB, 236x306px
>>7624199
Come on I bet you want to lick Ligs pretty ass. Just admit it
>>
Why does he wear the donut hair
>>
Antinatalism is an ethical conclusion/thesis reached via certain paths of justification: outside 4chan, where it not merely a "meme", it's taken with the utmost seriousness and it has nothing to do with the character of those philosophers who argue for this position. Your infantile logic seems to suggest that you'd also judge all "nerds" (construed intuitively, of course) to be virgins (any isomorphic analogy will do).
>>
File: anti.png (387KB, 884x584px) Image search: [Google]
anti.png
387KB, 884x584px
>>7624199
No.
>>
>>7624228
Room 2 when Tommy?
>>
>>7624199
If you are attractive and living a good life you're probably less likely to explore philosophy in general

>>7624221
so close
>>
>>7624244
>If you are attractive and living a good life you're probably less likely to explore philosophy in general
Only if you're dumb enough though, smart pretty people get fucked over by conciousness as well.
>>
No, it's an invitation.
>>
This is my first exposure to this area of thought so I apologize for my naivety, but what would be a (general) antinatalist justification for preserving one's own life, especially with an antinatalist's own awareness of these concepts? It seems that if one is either a proponent of this idea in the interest of preventing environmental degradation or simply the perceived disparity of happiness to suffering the most rational and/or ethical conclusion would be to simply take one's own life and end these negative systems.
>>
>>7624248
Fycjin sheep amiritemate
>>
>>7624273
>preserving one's own life, especially with an antinatalist's own awareness of these concepts?
I don't think you know what antinatalism stands for. It argues that giving birth to a child is immoral, and not about taking one's life.
>>
>>7624278
Good for them to be honest, family.
>>
>>7624273
True, but fear of death is ironically just one another thing that makes you suffer.
>>
>>7624285
I understand that, but isn't part of the rationale for this the perceived disparity in (or our subjective feeling of) suffering and happiness? It just seems that if one is to extend these ideas it would follow that suicide would be the necessary correction for this disparity if human life is a net negative.
>>
>>7624273
That's a bit like saying 'if global poverty bothers you this much, why don't you get a good job?' It's an ethical matter beyond mere personal preference.

That and taking life is a thing wholly different from preventing the creation of life. They're like abortion and celibacy, respectively.
>>
>>7624273
As far as Ligotti, I know that he believes suicide does not make a difference.
It does not go far enough, to do it properly you would need to remove yourself from existence. As far as we know, this is impossible.
>>
>>7624312
>>7624319
Thank you, it seems I'll just have to go do some reading of my own. I suppose Schopenhauer would be the natural introduction?
>>
>>7624319
>to do it properly you would need to remove yourself from existence. As far as we know, this is impossible.

Please elaborate. What do you mean by "remove from existence"?
>>
File: antinatalit.png (289KB, 660x598px) Image search: [Google]
antinatalit.png
289KB, 660x598px
>>7624342
https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/s/schopenhauer/arthur/pessimism/complete.html

This set of essays might be a nice introduction.
>>
>>7624344
I mean that if someone commits suicide they will still be here, the organs stop working but the body remains. Even after it all decomposes the matter is still there.
You have to think from the perspective that humans are only a result of genetics and influence of the environment. The idea of "you" is an illusion. Humans are just biological machines.

Then from that perspective you can see that suicide is utterly meaningless. Nothing is changed at all.
By "remove from existence" it means that someone somehow can escape all of this. Go beyond reality into pure nonexistence.

As far as how someone should do that or what that would be like, no one has any idea.
>>
File: 1444014128715.gif (13KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1444014128715.gif
13KB, 633x758px
>tfw antinatalism has already won
>tfw the only thing left to haggle about is the extinction date being sooner rather than later
>tfw breeders are on the wrong side of history
>>
File: zika.jpg (174KB, 1160x656px) Image search: [Google]
zika.jpg
174KB, 1160x656px
>>7624427
Soon.
>>
File: schopenselfie.jpg (61KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
schopenselfie.jpg
61KB, 500x375px
>>7624199
no :3
>>
File: 1.-1960-inspired-outfit.jpg (599KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1.-1960-inspired-outfit.jpg
599KB, 1066x1600px
>>7624199
Not at all.
>>
Isn't Buddhism anti nat? Jainism too?
>>
>>7626856
Jainism is based as fuck, their highest ideal is pretty much voluntary starvation.
>>
>>7624427
>implying you can ever stop normies from breeding
>>
>>7626856

Different branches of Buddhism, but if we go back to the OG, yeah, the point of Buddhism is to escape from the cycle of life (and rebirth) which causes suffering. So it could be said it overlaps with antinatalism.

>>7624273
Suicide makes for a different ethical argument beyond antinatalism. There are so many reasons why someone might take their life that do not involve a stop to procreation.
>>
>>7626799
Wut Tha fuk?
>>
lmao you guys are all virgins
>>
>>7626941
girls read schopenhauer too
>>
>>7624199
he looks like an older version of pic related
>>
>>7627115
Marry me, if no trap?
>>
>>7626886
Birth rates are plummeting in pretty much every first world nation. Feelsgoodman.
>>
>>7626941
Go away newfag
>>
>>7627395
>first world
Yes, the better part of the world, largely responsible for technological and artistic strides done the last two hundred years.

What will be left when they go extinct?

Niggers, Islam and Pooloos. What a great way of reducing suffering in this universe.
>>
>>7624199
antinatalism is ultimate cuck jew plot. dont make more white children pls.
>>
often people become antinatalists because they know they werent going to reproduce anyways and need an ideology to feel better about it
>>
>>7624230
I want to FUCK !!!
>>
>>7627801
she's really cute desu

i'd save her from putin
>>
>>7627741
So like people with kids who need to rationalize their poor life choices?
>>
>>7626941
>>7627379
fucking kill yourself you dumb redditor
>>
>>7624229

>outside 4chan, where it not merely a "meme", it's taken with the utmost seriousness
I'm laffin
>>
>>7627961
Does that mean you have an actual counterexample to antinatalism or merely a self-amusing and meme-ish response?
>>
>>7627977
>actual counterexample to antinatalism
Why would I need a counterexample? If people don't want to have kids but are so narcissistic that they need to build a movement around justifying it that's up to them. Most people at least have the humility to just say "I don't want kids." Good for them. Banging on about the future of the species as if you have any significant stake in it is a joke.

The species will continue for a while, and then it will end. Arguing about it is like arguing about the heat death of the universe.
>>
>>7624199
Being an ugly and pallid white guy is a requirement for having intellect in general
>>
>>7627115
>>7627401
>>7627947
Chans in my country forbid women to be there by considering then as cumdumpsters. I'm not used to see women around these circuits, so sorry about my primate behavior.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.