[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the fuck happened to this board >>7617349

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: ha.jpg (94KB, 641x598px) Image search: [Google]
ha.jpg
94KB, 641x598px
what the fuck happened to this board

>>7617349
>>
it's finished
let it fall
>>
There have been SF/Fantasy threads since forever. I remember when there were unironic threads praising GRRM, maybe four years ago.
>>
>>7623247
once people start making generals boards end up dying
>>
>what the fuck happened to this board
It can't really speak of it, so I'll remain silent.
>>
They've been here for days new boy.

>>7623258
Stop acting like a /lit/ theorist. The general serves its purpose well. Fuck off back to whatever board you're crossing from.
>>
>>7623258
The generals made /mu/ a lot better in my opinion. I didn't browse /lit/ years ago, but the ratio of actual discussion to shitposting is about what I expect from any 4chan board in 2016. /lit/ is one of the best boards.
>>
>>7623238
Containment is never a bad thing, especially since 75% of the board shot posts valid genre fic threads
>>
File: Untitled.png (249KB, 508x331px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
249KB, 508x331px
>>7623238
did there used to be so many "girls are inferior" feminist bait threads? It feels like a surge of /pol/ users just flooded the board. What happened to discussing books and shit?
>>
>>7623280
generals create tripsfags which ultimately lead to discussion about them and not the board topic
>>
>>7623238
>newfag detected

/lit/ has always been shit
>>
>>7623508
I don't think I've ever seen a trip in a SF/F general, aside from Butters, but she was a /lit/ trip in general.
>>
>>7623520
yea OP you're retarded SF/F is probably one of the most benign/constructive generals on /lit/ (only one?) and it's been around for ages you fucking newfag. i never read it but there are so many other things you should be bitching about over sf/f.

we've had more trips lately though across all threads. anons have been diligently telling to go kill themselves though so hopefully the trend doesn't persist
>>
>>7623508
as a rule of thumb trips generally stick to their generals though
>>
>>7623419
because 4chan is predominantly young and male and internet using, there has always been a ton of this type of shit, even on /lit/.

but there also used to be more sincerity, mostly in the way of tripfags (brown bear generation) which were a hell in and of themselves.

does any remember how caps guy used to hate on english teachers in japan and be like "lol i'm an accounting major so gonna make that cash," and now he teaches english in japan lololol
>>
>philosophy banter banned
>all smart people abandon ship
>>
>>7623566

No, there wasn't when I started here.
>>
>>7623575
I've wasted 8 years of my life on 4chan and it has always been sexist and racist. Take your revisionism back to r/4chan
>>
>>7623571
The philosophy vanished for about two weeks after they made /his/ but how can you really say it's banned when we are back to the having four Nietzsche threads, a Schopenhauer thread, a Stirner and Zizek thread and a analytic philosophy is dumb thread, on a near permanent basis.

Also in the last 2-3 years of being on /lit/ it had never been better than in those two weeks. Philosophy while very, very occasionally providing interesting discussion brought in so many contrarian edge-lords who know nothing about philosophy onto the board. For those glorious two weeks there was a record low of shit posting and the majority of threads were actually about literature and involved actual discussions.
>>
>>7623571
>he thought the philosophyposters were "smart"

top kek
>>
File: lolwut.jpg (71KB, 533x594px) Image search: [Google]
lolwut.jpg
71KB, 533x594px
>>7623602
Yea wut
I've been around since 06ish
Outlandish racism and sexism has always been part of 4chabs
>>
>>7623604
>The philosophy vanished for about two weeks after they made /his
you mean when philosophy threads were more common because of the backlash to ignorant fucks who don't know what a book is?
>in the last 2-3 years of being on /lit/ it had never been better than in those two weeks
you're not very good at judging things as elementary as /lit/. this doesn't look good for your opinions on books =/
>>
Five minutes after /lit/ was created: what happened to /lit/?
>>
>>7623891
That emoji is getting me hard, girl
>>
>>7623566
CAPSguys goodreads is shit now
>>
>>7623541
You forgot the great very high quality /his/requests general that disappeared after the /his/ board was made.
>>
>>7623419
They've always been around but after Marxist philosophy discussion was banned and /pol/ got nerfed a bunch of nazis flooded in

Go see the Evola thread to see what I'm talking about. Two years ago people would have laughed at considering Evola a worthwhile philosopher
>>
>>7623934
probably because he teaches english in japan

that said, osaka is 10/10 place to live
>>
we moved the his lads
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.