[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys like cyberpunk?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: neuro.jpg (141KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
neuro.jpg
141KB, 800x600px
Do you guys like cyberpunk?
>>
No.
A shit put on
>>
>>7621348
No, but it is still better than steampunk.
>>
i like lain
>>
>>7621348
Not particularly.
But it's a lot better than Steampunk.
>>
File: 1444802813079.gif (96KB, 429x650px) Image search: [Google]
1444802813079.gif
96KB, 429x650px
loved neuromancer so much that i plan to read everything gibson has ever written

lain is great too
>>
>>7621348
yes. i will make a chart soon.
>>
File: ghost-in-the-shell.gif (998KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-in-the-shell.gif
998KB, 500x270px
GITS was pretty cool
>>
>>7621683
i'd like to see this chart
>>
>>7621683
Nice. Looking forward to that.
>>
>>7621683

Thank christ, I've been having a hard time finding anything good besides the main ones and some chinese cartoons
>>
I do, but it has to be done right, I don't like it when it's 'oppressive govnment grr' My favorite one was when the society itself was fine and went though normally, but there was one big cult/religion thing polluting everything
>>
>>7621348
Snow Crash was alright. Havent read anything else.

>>7621697
Gits is great.
>>
Altered Carbon got picked up by Netflix, is the book series any good?
>>
>>7621741
>>7621728
>>7621727
work in progress, starting on getting things together. here's a beginning. people feel free to suggest things i haven't added yet. i realize there is a lot. and i have never read Metro 2033. for people looking for GiTS, i would highly recommend Altered Carbon.

Proto-Cyberpunk

*PKD (Ubik, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, Now Wait For Last Year, Flow Thy Tears)
*Stand on Zanzibar by John Brunner
Shockwave Rider by John Brunner
*Futurological Congress by Stanislaw Lem
*The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester

First Generation Cyberpunk

*Neuromancer by William Gibson (and Count Zero / Mona Lisa Overdrive)
*Burning Chrome by William Gibson (and other collaborators)
The Ware Tetralogy by Rudy Rucker
Mirrorshades by Bruce Sterling (and other collaborators)
Islands in the Net by Bruce Sterling
When Gravity Fails by George Alec Effinger

Second Gen

Snowcrash by Neal Stephenson
The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson
Bridge Trilogy by William Gibson
Vurt by Jeff Noon

Modern

Accelerando by Charles Stross
*Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan (action oriented, probably best for GiTS fans)
The Windup Girl by Paulo (biopunk)
*Jean le Flambeur by Hannu Rajaniemi (post-punk aka post-singularity, this could read as general science fiction, but incorporates a lot of cyberpunk themes and takes them to far conclusions)
>>
>>7622264
Yes, the first one is good - a lot of fun. The opening shoot out is very well done and an excellent start. The rest of the series are not so good. I am very happy to hear that it got picked up by Netflix, because it seems like they'd be able to give it the funding it needs. I can't imagine some of the stuff in live action though. Shit is wild.
>>
>>7622313
River of Gods by Ian McDonald and several of his other books would fall under "Modern"
>>
you can literally buy ever william gibson book and mirrorshades and be done with it, unless you want to talk about videogames or chink cartoons
>>
>>7622326
cool opinion there man
>>
>>7622313
The Gold Coast by Kim Stanley Robinson (yuppie-punk)
>>
>>7621683
bumping for this
>>
File: Neon Pill lit.jpg (2MB, 1480x2584px) Image search: [Google]
Neon Pill lit.jpg
2MB, 1480x2584px
>>7621683
>>
>>7623855
nice. would remove Starfish (although a great book) and add some of the other books under the Modern list
>>
im only really interested in cyberpunk games t bh
>>
File: resize.jpg (6KB, 316x240px) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
6KB, 316x240px
>>7622313
Fuck you fucking faggot. We demand nice chart with color pictures ffs
>>
File: hitler.jpg (27KB, 400x278px) Image search: [Google]
hitler.jpg
27KB, 400x278px
>>7623855
Now that's better
>>
>>7621348
It's 'lright. It has a great aesthetic but I find it grating to read.
>>
>>7624276
i agree, it seems really difficult to properly explain to the reader the situations going on in mega-corporation hacking scenarios and other cyberpunk related stuff

i'm really intrigued by the atmosphere of it all but sometimes i have to just accept that i have no idea what is happening and keep moving forward
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.