[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /lit/ looking for experimental narratives and structure.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: received_10153369911574231.jpg (84KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
received_10153369911574231.jpg
84KB, 640x640px
Sup /lit/ looking for experimental narratives and structure. It can be ancient text or graphic novel or anything in between. Bonus points for mind fuckery.
>>
Read some surrealism if you want to go in hard. Like Aragon or Breton. Paris Peasant is one I've got lined up, I've taken a peek and it looks like banter madness.

Conrad's The Nigger of the 'Narcissus' blends first and third person narrative.
>>
DOG'S
JJJUUUUSSSSTTT
>>
>>7620050
Didn't aragon do the poetry about a girls cunt (literally?) I like surrealism but I wanted something more meta, I remember this short story a few years ago where the character had multiple personalities and the reader became one of them
>>
>>7620040
>>
>>7620094
pls do tell
>>
>>7620040
The Blind Owl
>>
Lost in The Funhouse

it's like 12 experimental narratives
or Kafka's collected fictions or Borges collected fictions ... less experimental usually than just kinda surreal and mindbending

for a novel ...
try At Swim Two Birds or maybe Pale Fire

hope you ebnjoy op! hoep you see my post even though you created the thread 5 hrs ago
>>
>>7620040
>Sup /lit/

sup /r/books
>>
I'm not sure if this is what it's exactly called, but it's a short series of stories called 'The fist question" and "The last question" or something, I rememebr the person who wrote it also wrote something called 'Do androids dream of electric sheep', maybe that's what it was from, I have bad memory, anyway, I liked them.
>>
>>7620957
I don't remember, it was in a magazine with other short stories and I always wanted to find it because it expressed the yearning for identity in teens who pick and choose aspects of other people t add their collective instead of forging their own. As the reader you felt somewhat robbed of your own identity as the character claimed it as an extension of his. I've looked for years with no luck so it was probably satan talking to me like usual.

>>7621102
Sup /brooding apartheid/

>>7620971
how is it experimental

>>7621004
i totally forgot borges, thankyou i'll see what i can dig up
>>
Look up 'I am John von Dorf'

Details the average /lit/izen in a prep school full of angst and sexual frustration, but with a unique style of prose. There are some really good pieces of writing too.
>>
>>7622112
Last Question is definitely asimov along with electric sheep (blade runner). I'm fairly certain 'the first question' is an episode of star trek referencing asimov
>>
Play the beginner's guide. I know it's not really a story, but it's good for getting a story on the human mind, and the mind of creators.

or something like that, It's best if I don't explain it, the less you know about it the better.
>>
>>7622116
I think I remember it, daydreams a lot (escapism) gets mired in emotional dissonance from his peers lack of empathy? I should probably re up that one

>>7622136
Stanley Parable <3 if i watch a play through can I get the gist or do I really need to actually sit down with it
>>
Yeah, you can watch a playthough, nothing changes from different game to game
>>
>>7622194
that's actually a dynamite analysis of JVD
>>
>>7620040
The Lime Twig is pretty much exactly what you are looking for.
>>
>>7622295
its a great narrative of growing up a 90's kid and facing the faux guile of jaded internet folk who have turned narcissism in to a hobby. It's strange how few people have read it but then again everyone born in the 80's and 90's seems to be allergic to reading (unless its chatting)

>>7622333
checked. Looking it up now
>>
>>7622333
lime twig = someone steals a horse which leads to destroying their life and a drunk david lynch argues with charles buwkowski over how it went down

this is pretty much exactly what I was looking for
>>
>>7620040
that's not a dog, that's a racoon
>>
File: how bout sum ice cream doc.jpg (84KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
how bout sum ice cream doc.jpg
84KB, 500x313px
>>7622442
https://youtu.be/L-rR-5wClag
>>
>>7622127
Electric Sheep is PKD.

Great ideas but terrible prose, unfortunately.
>>
>>7622454
that isn't a very nice thing to name a dog
>>
>>7622483
im dum. But the prose is terrible? you mean it's prose instead of heavily structured? the first thing I noticed in the book is that every person (robot or no) acts like people are a nuisance while treating animals like they're extensions of themselves emotionally like spirit animals. I don't know if it was intentionally done as a theory to the near future's social ideologies of more and more people turning to inhuman avatars for self expression or a method to push the romanticism with nature (however unnatural it is) to combat the hatred towards human civilization that everyone seems to have, save for a few moments here and there and ultimately facing the frankenstein complex in much deeper narrative than in blade runner all while being driven by a structure that dips between the mechanical (child like) and the organic (more experienced and older humans). is "bad prose" a /lit/ meme or something because no it's not clearly defined poetry but neither are Kubrick films until you start digging through them. Wikipedia says you're dumb and Taylor Coleridge has words for you:

>Prose lacks the more formal metrical structure of verse that can be found in traditional poetry. Prose comprises full grammatical sentences, which then constitute paragraphs and overlook aesthetic appeal, whereas poetry typically involves a metrical and/or rhyming scheme. Some works of prose contain traces of metrical structure or versification and a conscious blend of the two literature formats known as prose poetry. Verse is considered to be more systematic or formulaic, whereas prose is the most reflective of ordinary (often conversational) speech. On this point, Samuel Taylor Coleridge jokingly requested that novice poets should know the "definitions of prose and poetry; that is, prose,— words in their best order; poetry,— the best words in their best order."[3]

>>7622516
Nigger is loved, he's going to eat fresh rabbit and win the war. You can't get more nice
>>
>>7620040
The naked lunch
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.